P3D Support in the future

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
kahngrotbo

P3D Support in the future

Post by kahngrotbo »

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this and I have been a P3D user for years now just never had a reason to join the forums. I have been creeping the forums for most of that time just havent posted or joinned. I have been in the FS hobby since 1995 so am a bit of a veteran.

My question is will LH continue to support and develop P3D with the release of MSFS? The reason I ask is I am not impressed with the new flight sim (not starting a review just stating an opinion) I am currently running 4.5 with current HF and encounter less errors and crashes than I used to. I tried V5 and crashed a lot so am waiting on more bug fixes before making the transition. I am hoping LH will continue with P3D in the future and as I said above was wondering what the plans were for it since I plan to stick with it for sometime in the future to come.
B777ER

Re: P3D Support in the future

Post by B777ER »

I am hoping they get 5.1 out the door soon. I am still on v4.5hf2 (very stable) and am waiting on 5.1 to upgrade.
kahngrotbo

Post by kahngrotbo »

Same here, the work LH has done with P3D has been amazing.
Maarp

Post by Maarp »

I agree. From the general reactions to the release of FS2020 today, I'm definately waiting. From what I've seen if you're into eye candy and don't care about actual simulation then FS2020 is probably ok. There seem to be significant install, framerate and flight dynamics problems from what I can tell. Not to mention that the airliners just don't work like they should.

Perhaps in 2 or 3 years it might be worth a look, but I think that we're probably better off waiting for 5.1 (I'm sitting happy on 4.5 at the moment) or until FS2020 gets "serious".

Cheers

Warwick
alanmetcalf

Post by alanmetcalf »

I am happy with 4.5 HF3, but will move to 5 at some point. I have no intention to try MSFS, it's to good to be true and why, if you are content with what you have?
Regards
Alan Metcalf
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Here I am still on V5HF2.
Nothing comes for free as many buyers have experienced with M.FS.

P3D is very stable on both of my systems and I am waiting for V5.1 with improved EA.
P3D has proved itself over the years so I certainly keep flying it.

https://youtu.be/0L31QqMzpcw
kahngrotbo

Post by kahngrotbo »

I kept getting crashes in V5 HF2 so am waiting for some more improvements. I am running UTLIVE, GSX and Orbx Global. I mean nothing is going to be perfect built on the FSX code and to change the engine etc I think would screw up a lot of add ons and aircraft we enjoy. I do agree that P3D has proven themselves. Sometimes updates might be slow but when they do come they seem to be well tested and I generally always find an answer on the forums without even having to post so the community is great.
miseb79

Post by miseb79 »

Got FS2020 yesterday, everything work out of the box, I don't need buy scenery and weather addons anymore, it is trully spectacular and without single crash. Now I only regret time and money I 've invested into prepar3dv5 and their addons, because since May I wasn't able to play it due to bugs... LM developers, wake up!
cdv0007

Post by cdv0007 »

I will continue to support the development of P3D, and hope to continue to absorb the strengths of other platforms, improve more functions, and improve performance.
Yesterday, MSFS2020 was installed, a game that cannot compete with the professionalism of P3D in the short term. But they have many strengths, which are worth learning and carrying forward from P3D.
Hope P3D gets better and better! And wait for the release of P3D 5.1. It is urgent to fix the problem of EA displaying object.
Peter Young
flight instructor of Airbus A319/A320/A321
Maarp

Post by Maarp »

miseb79 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:25 pm Got FS2020 yesterday, everything work out of the box, I don't need buy scenery and weather addons anymore, it is trully spectacular and without single crash. Now I only regret time and money I 've invested into prepar3dv5 and their addons, because since May I wasn't able to play it due to bugs... LM developers, wake up!
It seems there is little doubt about the visual appeal of FS2020 but the question remains is it a game or a simulator? I doubt that many P3D users want to sacrifice the integrity of carefully modeled aircraft and systems for pretty pictures.

What do you think?

Cheers

Warwick
Solu

Post by Solu »

I have to admit MSFS 2020 disappoint me at least now.

I hope that the following hotfix brings many improvements, many people may be happy with LM again.

Regards.
CaptBMckay

Post by CaptBMckay »

I’m definitely happy with P3D. This is a real sim with a focus on realism. MSFS looks cool, I own it also but I’m good with P3D and will continue to support. It hard’s to shake the game feel with MSFS. It feels too much like a game to me.
kahngrotbo

Post by kahngrotbo »

CaptBMckay wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 pm I’m definitely happy with P3D. This is a real sim with a focus on realism. MSFS looks cool, I own it also but I’m good with P3D and will continue to support. It hard’s to shake the game feel with MSFS. It feels too much like a game to me.
So I am not crazy (well not that crazy :) ) I agree it does feel like a game. I love my ORBX, UTLive and ORBX in P3D. I would like to see better light visuals in P3D but they have improved so much since 3.0 and each version offers an improvement so I am not complaining. At least there is progress happening. I also did do a short sub to try out V5 but it crashed a little too often for me so waiting for 5.1 to try again thus using 4.5. But in V5 they even made map improvements to the scenery. I remember in FSX and P3D up to V4 flying into the town I grew up in (Austin Tex [KAUS]) the old airport was still there with X's on the runway. But in 5.0 the old airport is gone and replaced with the shops and houses that have been build over the land now. I was like "wow" havent seen a map improvement since FSX.

I also like the direct communication from the developers. That has never happened with FSX. So in short, yeah I am supporting this project for a long time to come.
turby47

Post by turby47 »

I am eagerly waiting for the release of V5.1..
Flying FSL A320 in V5 couldn't be better.
I hope they will release it sooner or later.
Keep up the good work, LM!
kahngrotbo

Post by kahngrotbo »

I must be lame as my go to plane is a 757. I got bored sitting at cruising altitude and love doing overseas and longer flights so I took the POSky models which are open source and converted them into aircraft that function like a normal 757 yet at 30,000 ft above will travel at mach 4.3 I know unrealistic but lets me fly my long flights without the delay and not reload textures with sim time advance. When my 757 model would not work in V4 I read the forums and found a way to convert the model to show up in V4 and found someone who updated the crew announcements etc for V4 and I am loving it.