Black Sky in Prepar3d V5 HF 2

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
MarSchar1

Black Sky in Prepar3d V5 HF 2

Post by MarSchar1 »

Hi
I have a strange bug in V5. When Enhanced Atmospherics is turned on, everything looks normal. When i turn off Enhanced Atmospherics however, it looks like this: https://prnt.sc/tvnuzy
I had installed Active Sky Beta and Active Sky Cloud Art, but they are now uninstalled and this still happens. I also tryed to delete my Shaders folder and the Prepar3d.cfg, but it didnt help.
Thanks for the help
Marco
JorgenSA

Re: Black Sky in Prepar3d V5 HF 2

Post by JorgenSA »

Marco,

I had a fligh about half an hour ago with EA turned on. So I now did the default flight with the F-35A out of KRND with EA turned off, and the sky was blue as it usually is.

Only add-ons installed here are FSUIPC 6 and SODE plus a ton of AI.

I would think the support guys at HiFi would be the ones to answer this one.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
MarSchar1

Post by MarSchar1 »

I dont think that the problem is comming from Active Sky. I uninstalled it completley and repaired Prepar3d with the install_client.msi but the black sky is still occuring. It even happens if all installed Addons are disabeld.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Even if you "completely uninstall" an add-on, it may still leave files in your installation.

The only way to determine if this is a P3D error or bug is to fly in a completely virgin installation, that has never seen an add-on of any kind.

Agreed, my own installation is not completely virgin, but close.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
DJLipsitz

Post by DJLipsitz »

Dealing with the same issue here, it looks like there is no atmosphere, just ground, black water (with reflections), and a black sky with the sun a bright white ball. Nothing with my simulator has changed (so far as I'm aware), even the addons are the same. The only thing I can think of that did change was the Nvidea drivers and Windows Update, other than that the simulator has not changed between my previous flight and my current one.

UPDATE: Resetting to default display values appears to have corrected the problem. I will update again if and when I determine which display value caused this.
simman

Post by simman »

Hi MarSchar1,
I am having the same issue and I was wondering if you found a solution. My problem is in VR and it is the opposite behavior you are having. Just recently when I am in VR the right lens is showing the exact same behavior you are seeing. I noticed that if I switch from Single-pass to Stereo or turn off EA, the problem goes away, but I want both Single-pass for better VR performance and EA visuals are great and I want them as well.

The only thing that may have caused this is the latest NVidia driver which I recently upgraded a week ago. I did not have this problem before, although I did tinker with my World and Lighting settings a little during this period.

Thanks,
Mustafa
spec: Intel i8086K OC 5.1GHz, RTX 3090Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM | P3D v5.3 HF2 | VR only: PIMAX 5K+ | Win 10 Pro