Varjo XR-1

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Lildreas

Re: Varjo XR-1

Postby Lildreas » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:58 am

Hi Joseph,

can you maybe give us some info about when we can expect the support for portals using the XR-1? Will it be in Hotfix 3, and if yes when might HF3 be released?

In the first step it would be fine (for us, I cannot talk for others, what about you, Mike?) if the portals would show up when using the XR-1, and for defining the portals we can use the workaround described by Beau (using the VIVE Pro to define the portals). If I understood correctly it might be hard to add support for XR-1 as a tool to define the portals, but it should not be a big issue to make already defined portals show up when using the XR-1.

Thanks & best from Germany
Andreas

Joseph Walker
Lockheed Martin

Postby Joseph Walker » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello,

We are aware of limitations in using Prepar3D as a CIGI IG with Virtual Reality and will look into improving the compatibility of these in future updates.

We are working on a solution for supporting portals with the XR-1. That being said, we cannot discuss the feature roadmap for future releases.

Thank you
Joseph Walker
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Postby Beau Hollis » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:12 pm

Thanks for your patience as we work though these issues. Virtual and mixed reality remains a priority for us and Varjo is a valued partner. This issue appears to be with our VR add-on and not the core engine, so we may be able to fix it and post a VR replacement add-on using the same process we did for WindowsMR hot fix beta. We're investigating that now and will report back here with more information soon.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect

Lildreas

Postby Lildreas » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:53 am

Hello Beau,
thanks for this update and for your dedication to make this work! Appreciate it a lot!
Best
Andreas

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Postby Beau Hollis » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:51 pm

We have portals working on the XR-1 in our dev branch and are working to port the fix back into a HF2 compatible dll.
Beau Hollis

Lildreas

Postby Lildreas » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:57 pm

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Postby Beau Hollis » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:32 pm

We have posted a hot-fix. This post has the details:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=139038
Beau Hollis

Lildreas

Postby Lildreas » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:02 am

Hello Beau and Rob,

thanks a lot for the XR-1 portals hotfix.

I just installed it (thanks again for the very detailed instructions) and activating the portals now works like a charm when using the XR-1. For this test I used the portal set I set up using the VIVE Pro.

Best from Germany
Andreas

Return to “Prepar3D Professional Plus Client Application Questions”