P3Dv5 Nvidia stopped working

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Brunlea

Re: P3Dv5 Nvidia stopped working

Post by Brunlea »

Yes I get this error when I have an extra view window or two open, such as outside view or autopilot control, etc.
Alox

Post by Alox »

Same problem here when I requested to land at SKLM I got a message and my Nvidia RTX 2080 Super stopped to work. For now to many issues to Fix going back to 4.5.
Regards.
terrycornwall

Post by terrycornwall »

I find the VR on V5 absolutely awful.
I had the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG to start with. Managed to adjust the registry, post in AVSIM and got all working ok except for JF C152 which had a big white square in front of windscreen. Did very successful 30 mins flight in LH a/c and JF C152 with white notepad in front of windscreen. Someone suggested put 2D to 100% so did that and back it came, DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, even on the default aircraft and programme crashed. I didn't want to have to pay twice but thought that V5 VR would be all sorted as it works much better than V4 in non VR mode. Although V4.5 wasn't too bad in VR RIFT S.
Why can't my seat position stay the same as I am either sitting on the wing, or on the floor.
Come on LH I am sure you can do better than this, I am a grey haired (78 yr old) but love flight simming I don't want to go back to Xplane 11 or P3D V4.5 or dare I say it Aerofly FS2 but might just have to do that.

Hope to see some improvement in near future, even Flyinside doesn't work with V5, your are not doing the flight simming fraternity any favours.

Sorry sounds like a good old moan but looking forward to a great flight in VR.

MY SYSTEM Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb. Cpu Intel I5-7600K @ 3.80ghz. RAM 16GB 2400mHZ f/s Drive 489GB M2
Alox

Post by Alox »

I agree with terry cornwall. I appreciate when someone speaks with years of experience. It is a pity that we have bought a program and we have to wait 3 or 4 months to be able or ready to play it stably for that case I would have saved money and waited for MFS2020. Regards.
skytraveler

Post by skytraveler »

+1
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Have you guys complained to Microsoft? As I understand this DXGI_HUNG error, it is associated with DX12....

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Alox

Post by Alox »

Hi Jorgen.

I does not matter if is related to P3D or Microsoft. In this post i just count almost 8 customer mentioning the problem with nvdia stopped, also take in account the users who have mentioned the same problem in another topic, plus customers who does not have time to post their comments in a forum. We are talking about several people that one product was sold to them and they can not use it. I just can not understand how LM team did not see this problem before start selling this product.

Regards.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

JohannJ wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:41 pm I cant tell about vr cause I don´t use it. Question if that also happen while not on vr :)
Yes. I did have that, more then once, and it's actually preventing my flying with v5. Flying PMDG 748. Actually, considering taking a refund on v5. Today is the last day (of 14) for me to take a refund...
Tx
Benjamin K
Alox

Post by Alox »

Problem solved on Prepar3d Hotfix 2.

Thanks LM.

Regards.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Good to hear that, Alox!

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Fresjay76

Post by Fresjay76 »

Hello All,
I wish I could say this issue has been fixed for me with HF2. Still have the same issue an I have even taken the settings to about a mid level which is very depressing considering V4.5 runs on higher settings using anywhere from 1-2GB less VRAM on the low side (Low impact Scenery) to .5-1.5 less VRAM on the high (Heavy Scenery) side of things in the same areas. I did all tests with same aircraft and add-ons. Turning the resolution down and even reducing settings did not help. In some cases the variance in settings between the 2 sims was 2 or more steps on the slider with no luck. Really disappointing to say the least.

Jason
P3D v5.2HF1, ORBX, Aerosoft, FlyTampa, Flightbeam, FSDT, REX, AS, QW Carenado, PMDG, FSL
System:
Ryzen 9 5950X
ASUS RTX 3080
32Gb DDR4 3600
1Tb Sabrent Rocket (System), 2TB 980 PRO (P3D), 3x1Tb Samsung SSD (Programs), 16TB IronWolf NAS
choppa

Post by choppa »

Hi Jason,
As per my post yesterday...I am experiencing the same problem as you. Have reverted back to V4. Looks like my money has gone south on V5. A mate of mine is also in the same boat. He has built a full 737 cockpit, changed to V5 Hotfix2....hangs all the time....not a happy vegemite at the moment. He is also dumping V5 and has gone back to V4. Hopefully LM will sort the issue out sooner than later.
Phil
I5-6600K CPU@3.5GHz
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard with 16GB Fast Ram (Have updated BIOS to latest version)
GTX1080 8GB Video Card (Installed latest Geforce drivers)
Windows 10 v2004
I have installed P3d V5 Hotfix2.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Jason,

As long as you pour on add-ons known to be not compatible with v. 5, known to be in beta for v. 5, or known to have problems in v. 5, then you are effectively asking for problems.

Examples of add-ons with issues as mentioned above (but not limited to the following) are: REX, Active Sky (in beta), QualityWings, Carenado (some v. 5 patches available), PMDG and ORBX (some workarounds).

If you think I am making this list up, then read the other threads around this forum. There are plenty of them.

Some issues may be solved by updating Windows 10 to the 2004 version, others by updating your graphics drivers to the latest version.

Jorgen

Fresjay76

Post by Fresjay76 »

Jorgen,

I am glad you can read my signature and "assume" those are what I have installed in V5. The fact is I ONLY have those add ons in that list that have released V5 compatible versions. If it doesn't have a compatible version it is not installed in V5. That list of add ons are what is currently installed in V4.5 and work perfect for the most part. I am not one of those users that creates more problems for myself than need be in a known finicky early release. As items became "compatible" I installed them. I check the lists regularly as well as releases. I haven't shoe horned anything into my install of V5. Hence my issues with the crashes. I follow the guidelines and if something says it is good to go, I expect it to be like any other consumer that puts out good money for the software. I am not new to PC's or software issues and troubleshooting. I have done my due diligence here. So far have yet to see the fruits of the money spent and effort put in.

Jason
P3D v5.2HF1, ORBX, Aerosoft, FlyTampa, Flightbeam, FSDT, REX, AS, QW Carenado, PMDG, FSL
System:
Ryzen 9 5950X
ASUS RTX 3080
32Gb DDR4 3600
1Tb Sabrent Rocket (System), 2TB 980 PRO (P3D), 3x1Tb Samsung SSD (Programs), 16TB IronWolf NAS
billolgaau

Post by billolgaau »

It's not only Nvidia that gets the Error - I had it with a GTX 1070 x8G & changed to an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT & still have the problem.