P3Dv5 HF2 Scenery Objects Impervious to EA Atmospheric Effects and Visibility

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
hjmx

Re: P3Dv5 HF2 Scenery Objects Impervious to EA Atmospheric Effects and Visibility

Post by hjmx »

If this is not caused by specific settings/hardware, I'm wondering how this could go through beta.
niksan29

Re: P3Dv5 HF2 Scenery Objects Impervious to EA Atmospheric Effects and Visibility

Post by niksan29 »

EA this is a beta product just don't use it...
Cheers!
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

hjmx wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 am If this is not caused by specific settings/hardware, I'm wondering how this could go through beta.
I believe the issue is with NON PBR products, anything already converted to PBR will not present these problems.

S.
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
hjmx

Post by hjmx »

Simbol wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:41 am
hjmx wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 am If this is not caused by specific settings/hardware, I'm wondering how this could go through beta.
I believe the issue is with NON PBR products, anything already converted to PBR will not present these problems.

S.
If this is true, we'll have a long time to wait until ORBX and others will update their airports to use PBR. Many have simply modified the installer for P3Dv5. Better if LM could fix this perhaps?
cdv0007

Post by cdv0007 »

This problem did not appear in P3DV5 and P3DV5 HF1, but it solved the texture of Turesky's high-altitude clouds like muffins. This is an improvement, but it also brings more serious problems. I hope that LM will take it seriously and respond quickly, because it is really ugly and cannot be watched, let alone video. I had to close the EA in V5 HF2 and wait for the update of REX sky force to change the default ugly cloud of P3D.

Peter Young
flight instructor of Airbus A319/A320/A321
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

Hi,

I am also seeing the same problems in HF2 with various scenery objects world wide. I have tried various settings and nothing fixes the problem (except for de-activating EA). It seems to happen mostly with non autogen objects - but not scenery objects. I am starting to enjoy EA and so find this somewhat disappointing. I also did not experience with with HF1 and so hope this is something LM can resolve quite quickly.

I took a whole bunch of screen shots - but the above screenshots show the obvious problem very clearly - so no need for any more.

Does anyone know if LM have acknowledged this problem and if there is any short-term solution other than turning off Enhanced Atmospherics (EA)?

Regards,

Rhett
Rhett Kelly
P3Dv4 & P3Dv5
i7 7700K, MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GX+, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

Rhett wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 pm Hi,

I am also seeing the same problems in HF2 with various scenery objects world wide. I have tried various settings and nothing fixes the problem (except for de-activating EA). It seems to happen mostly with non autogen objects - but not scenery objects. I am starting to enjoy EA and so find this somewhat disappointing. I also did not experience with with HF1 and so hope this is something LM can resolve quite quickly.

I took a whole bunch of screen shots - but the above screenshots show the obvious problem very clearly - so no need for any more.

Does anyone know if LM have acknowledged this problem and if there is any short-term solution other than turning off Enhanced Atmospherics (EA)?

Regards,

Rhett

Correction to above post . . . "It seems to happen mostly with non autogen objects - but not all scenery objects."
Rhett Kelly
P3Dv4 & P3Dv5
supersym

Post by supersym »

Same for me...
i9 9900 K @ 5.2 Ghz HT off 32 Gb DDR4 @ 4 Ghz CL17 Maximus Formula XI W10 64 bits pro on Samsung 960 EVO M2, 2nd Samsung 960 EVO M2 , RTX 2080 Ti Palit Power supply Corsair 1500 W Gold Screen ACER 28 inches 4K G-SYNC Gigabyte 3d mars WC AIO
Matt Bacher

Post by Matt Bacher »

Hey folks!

Is it may possible to get a confirmation from LM regarding this issue?

It really kills the immersion....

Thanks!
Last edited by Matt Bacher on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Matt
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I don't know if you guys have noticed it, but it actually next to "Enhanced Atmospherics" says the little word beta.

So, just like when you use an add-on that is still in beta testing, the results may be, to put it nicely, unpredictable.

Which should not be a surprise to anyone.

This is not to say that your comments and pictures etc. are being ignored - on the contrary. But do not expect confirmation or anything, because this feature is - beta.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

Thanks for your observations.

I think some of us understand what beta means and implies. We are asking LM if they are aware of the problem so that it can be addressed as a beta bug and/or to tell us what we are doing wrong and/or where the problem lies.

Beta versions are intended to offer beta users the opportunity to provide feedback. We are however not sure that LM are aware of this and hence the thread.

Furthermore, it seems apparent that this issue was not present before HF2 and therefore was not present during HF1 or the original release (which also had a beta EA version).

Cheers.
Rhett Kelly
P3Dv4 & P3Dv5
Matt Bacher

Post by Matt Bacher »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm I don't know if you guys have noticed it, but it actually next to "Enhanced Atmospherics" says the little word beta.

So, just like when you use an add-on that is still in beta testing, the results may be, to put it nicely, unpredictable.

Which should not be a surprise to anyone.

This is not to say that your comments and pictures etc. are being ignored - on the contrary. But do not expect confirmation or anything, because this feature is - beta.

Jorgen

I'm sorry, I disagree Jorgen.

If you would investigate a little bit further, you could clearly see that this issue also exists without using EA - not so obvious but still visible when flying through clouds for example.
Cheers,
Matt
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Rhett and Matt,

I can assure you that everything in these threads is seen and valued, also that you disagree with me, Matt. ;-)

Please keep the observations and reports coming. They are needed.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
hjmx

Post by hjmx »

Disabling "Volumetric Fog" in P3Dv5HF2 seems to help. At least with Non-EA.
BMW969

Post by BMW969 »

What atmosphere should we use?
New is in beta. OK. We will wait patiently and will not use it.
The old one is broken, flickering and does not support shaders.
What the hell did the old engine break?
The sun is like a hole and does not have a halo of glow.