Cigi and View Control

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
mchriest

Cigi and View Control

Post by mchriest »

using P3D v5.0.31 (hotfix 2) as IG
using host based on CigiMiniHost that has worked with P3D Pro Plus version 4.5, and also worked with Blue IG
using Cigi version 4.0 (used version 3.3 with BlueIG)

No problem connecting, getting steady sof packets, but whenever I send a View Control packet, P3D jumps to <somewhere>, frame rate drops to ~6 fps, view no longer updates, and P3D eventually crashes.
I say <somewhere> because I am sending Lat/Lon position of 0,0, but the view is over a forested area, rather than ocean.

View control entity ID is set to host (0), offsets enabled, all offsets = 0.
ViewID is set to 0 in config file, View Control and View Def packets. I have experimented with other View id's. Same result whenever the id's match. Mismatch Id's do not cause the issue, but of course, do not update the display.

Current entity is set to the Mooney Bravo, using extended ID type.
Message buffer sizes on IG and host match, at 32768

Same result running synchronously or asynchronously.

Anyone have Cigi working with P3D v5 as IG? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Windows 10 (18362)
Intel Core I7-8700
64 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080
mchriest

Re: Cigi and View Control

Post by mchriest »

Crap. Never mind. I had a typo in one of the parameters for extended ID for the Bravo. Of course I found it 5 minutes after posting the question.

Mike
Lildreas

Post by Lildreas »

Hi Mike,

thanks for your detailed description of your CIGI setup, that's what I wanted to test next week. And I work with BlueIG & CIGI, too. :-)

I now have a question you might be able to answer:

If P3D is used as a CIGI client and I send over all the Ownship updates for pos/rot, will the instruments still work? If I (in the first step) use the Mooney Bravo can I drag out the instruments values (e.g. using Air Manager, used it with other flight sims) to get correct attitude indicators, airspeed, etc., mabe even a GPS like the G1000?

I know it might give me some problems, to e.g. make this work for the X-Plane 11 I had to write a C++ plugin to overwrite the pos/rot of the airplane in X-Plane each frame before and after the physics computed in XP - if I switched off the XP physics XP could be used as an IG much more easily, but the instruments didn't work correctly, for that the physics computations were needed.

Best regards
Andreas
mchriest

Post by mchriest »

Hi Andreas,

Nice to meet you.
Unfortunately, I don't use the cockpits that come with P3D. When digital displays are required in sims that I work on, they are generally implemented using GLStudio, with sim data posted directly from my host.

Hopefully one of the moderators will jump in to answer your question.

But it sounds like a lot of our work is similar in nature, and we may find it beneficial to collaborate on occasion.
If you PM me with an email, i'll reply to it so you have my email, which I will see/respond to much more quickly than the forum.

Regards,
Mike.
mchriest

Post by mchriest »

... Of course, if during private discussions, we discover anything useful to the community, we can come back here and post our findings.
Lildreas

Post by Lildreas »

Hi Mike,

awesome, I pm'ed you with the contact details.

Best
Andreas