ViewGroup / no warping

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
micha1508

ViewGroup / no warping

Post by micha1508 »

I am using Fly Elise (IDP/ICP) and Viewgroups for my curved screen.
Everything worked until I changed my mainboard and CPU.

When I now start P3D, only the left projector shows a curved picture (how it should be).
I haven't done a Windows Reinstall and I am using the identical viewgroup file and IDP settings.

Center and right projector show a "normal" screen, like for a standard monitor. I can not blend the screens into each other.
Normally I already saw the distorted plane already in the scenery start page. Not the case anymore.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
micha1508

Re: ViewGroup / no warping

Post by micha1508 »

adding to my initial post:

I recogniced that the first screen was flickering with viewgroups on. the other 2 don't.
So I changed the display options (i.e. activating triple buffering and reducing FPS), which solved the flickering.

But I am wondering, why only the first screen was flickering. It appears, as all the settings are only affecting my main monitor, but not the 2 other ones.

Nobody with an idea??
fottip

Post by fottip »

micha1508 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 pmI recogniced that the first screen was flickering with viewgroups on. the other 2 don't. So I changed the display options (i.e. activating triple buffering and reducing FPS), which solved the flickering. But I am wondering, why only the first screen was flickering. It appears, as all the settings are only affecting my main monitor, but not the 2 other ones.
I looked at FlyElise a long time ago. They promise to be the be-all-end-all for multi-monitor applications, but in all their hype and claims, I was never able to connect the dots as to how I could use it with my PC flight simulation rig. So I didn't.

Here's my take: It's unfortunate you have money invested in Fly Elise, simply because P3D runs Viewgroups natively, no Fly Elise required. I've been doing it for years. Now running P3D5 across 3 Samsung 4K monitors with native resolutions of 3840 X 2160. Works fine without any 3rd party monitor apps.
micha1508

Post by micha1508 »

Fly Elise is not needed for the viewgroup as such. But it's essential for warping an image on a curved screen.

I have meanwhile reinstalled windows and now all screens are working.
I guess it had to do with the replacement of the motherboard.
fottip

Post by fottip »

micha1508 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:29 pmFly Elise is not needed for the viewgroup as such. But it's essential for warping an image on a curved screen.
Got it.
neilhewitt

Post by neilhewitt »

Don't know if you got this sorted or not, but this suggests to me that two of your screens are not being warped by IDP itself - check they are all correctly bound to their calibration file (assuming you're using ICP as well as IDP), and that window warping is enabled for those projectors.

Also: check P3D didn't renumber your displays (check displays.xml) and make sure they still correspond with what's in the viewgroups.xml. That happened to me once. I actually manually re-numbered my projector displays above the max number of displays on the PC to stop that happening again.
micha1508

Post by micha1508 »

I got it sorted by clean reinstall of Windows