Default Airports in P3Dv5

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
gaab

Re: Default Airports in P3Dv5

Post by gaab »

See my report on VMMC Macao

viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=137405#p215148

Thanks

Gérard
wsuch

Post by wsuch »

Hi

Ill add a couple of airports that have lost most of their parking codes but really there will be heaps of them and LM really need to review this and send out a global fix at least get it back to the data in V4.5 as this really destroys AI traffic,
YBCG
YMML
YBAF

Thanks
Wayne
Last edited by wsuch on Sun May 03, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wsuch

Post by wsuch »

pestridge77 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:11 pm does it matter if they get replaced anyway by 3rd party airports?
i think it still poses an issue if there are no enough underlying parking codes, case in point YBCG now only has about 4 parking spots and even after I installed Orbx ybcg traffic could still only utilise the base parking codes

Wayne
wsuch

Post by wsuch »

Actually i think im wrong third party does add additional parking spots

Wayne
Paulwarren86

Post by Paulwarren86 »

Any news on a global update to default airports as it spoils AI.

Thanks Paul
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

got one more London Luton (EGGW), missing many parking spots as well as the default. The airport comes with 6 small GA, 6 medium GA and 2 Cargo.
For reference if you using "real world" AI Traffic the airport is hub for EasyJet and needs at least 10 and more Gates (small) for easyJet operations at the Airport not included are the many GA aircrafts using this airport.

I would suggest for european Airports to use the free public Eurocontrol Library as a reference to place parking spots at the airports. https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/cms-ead ... ead-basic/
KingWabbit

Post by KingWabbit »

Oh, am I glad I found this. There are a lot of unfortunate changes to many airports around the world. I already have a list ready of the changes to "some" airports compared to P3Dv4.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XGL ... sp=sharing
Alox

Post by Alox »

Alox wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:37 pm This is same for the airports from Mexico. In the version 4 it was better, now i only have one a kind of car that looks like a tiny control tower, very disappointment
I just want to report that there was no improvement regarding this point on Prepar3d Hotfix 2. Hopefully you can help us improving this in the near future.

Regards.
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

Make sure you report Airports with faulty/missing data with detailed information:
  • Airport Name and Code
  • What needs to be changed
  • Add maybe some images as well
No developer has the time to check 24000 Airports in the world, so they base their work on provided data. In it seems that in case of v5 this data was not as good for some regions as it was in FSX.

The Airports I reported with the above informations were fixed in HF2 (not to fully reallife matching of the airport, but it is getting closer).
freezingrain

Post by freezingrain »

Airports were much better depicted in v4.5. Is it possible to import airports from v4.5 to v5É
rhgrant1

Post by rhgrant1 »

Max Perry wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:42 pm Thanks for the screenshot.
Hi Max.
While you are looking at airports can you also look at YBSU - new runway 13/31 now operational and
YBBN - new parallel runway now operational 01L/19R please?

Thanks for your work
Best regards
Regards

Rob
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

One of the problems is that the airports were updated using online PDF terminal maps like the ones from Flightaware. The US maps are schematics, so that the building placement is way off. At least the runway numbering and taxiway designations are correct. LM should really use FS Earth Tiles to create georeferenced background maps for use in Airport Design Editor. That's really the only non-automatic way of updating an airport. Else one has to use an app that uses AI to create building footprints from either Open Street Maps or an equivalent online database.
Lwarnell01

Post by Lwarnell01 »

Good morning, Can someone please tell me how to get the missing parking gates back for Chicago Midway KMDW and O hare KORD airports.
ahuimanu

Post by ahuimanu »

This is crippling P3D and I see that 3rd parties are abandoning the platform. Without better tools and a way to centralize user-provided content (XP's Scenery Gateway), I find my optimism waning. The regression in airport layouts and parking is profound as they are all notional and approximations. When corrected, which I appreciate, it seems like a manual process. Perhaps the crowd could be sourced here?
pracines

Post by pracines »

This is a direct result of base simulators relying too heavily on 3rd parties. MSFS, XP, and AF2 are no different.

Up until FS2002 everything progressed nicely with the base sim, since then too much emphasis began to be placed on 3rd parties. The base sim even began to slowly lose new aviation features compared to graphical features. 3rd parties are fine and wonderful, but first, there are not enough of them, second, they are mostly part-time and are not a priority ("day job"), and third, the growing added expense for the end user will eventually become impossible.

The same thing is happening for MSFS (still [!!!] totally missing major airports), and I blame the flight sim community for this. I knew that 5+ versions of KSFO would eventually destroy this community. At this rate, a base flight sim eventually will not even have any airplanes or airports - third parties will have to do them all, and the wait will be several lifetimes! The problem is, this flight sim community will go along with it saying - "its the new way of doing things"...homebased flight simulation commits suicide.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO | i9 10850K |DDR4 3600MHZ G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO- 128GB | 1200W PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY | RTX 3090 |Samsung 970 evo plus 2TB NVME | 2nd M.2 Solid State 2TB | Seagate IRONWOLF PRO 8TB | DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240EX