ATC-Line up And Wait & Hold position caution

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
thosdcks89

ATC-Line up And Wait & Hold position caution

Post by thosdcks89 »

As you already know, as of September 30, 2010, the FAA implemented a change currently in use in the real world by ATC replacing the words, “position and hold.” And, to the best of my knowledge, this change applies to Europe and other venues around the world. The new instructions issued by ATC are, “line up and wait,” when directing a pilot to taxi onto a runway and await takeoff clearance. The “line up and wait instruction” is issued when a takeoff clearance cannot be issued immediately due to traffic or other reasons. It would appear that the implementation of this change into P3D is long overdue, since Prepar3D is NOT A GAME. Although I am not a Programmer, I would like to think that such a fix is not impossible to implement in P3D's ATC component? Does LM plan to implement this fix in the future?

Also, does LM plan to fix the following: ATC ground repeatedly instructs you to “Hold position, caution the (e.g., Boeing 767) on the taxiway” and the truth of the matter is, the other aircraft is actually nowhere near me. It is usually a good 0.2 or more miles behind me. See example below, which is annoyingly and unrealistically repeated many times.
Delta 415 hold position, caution the Boeing 737 on the taxiway
Delta 415 continue taxi
Roger, Delta 415
Delta 415 hold position, caution the Boeing 737 on the taxiway
Delta 415 continue taxi
Roger, Delta 415
OE1CGA

Re: ATC-Line up And Wait & Hold position caution

Post by OE1CGA »

there is one more thing to implement: when i am on final (without using ATC, just for training approaches), the ATC gives takeoff clearence to an airplane, just not "knowing" that there is an airplane (me) on let`s say 3 miles final... Why they can see airplanes taxying (me) and give instruction to hold to the other traffic, but the same does not work for beeing on final (flying), e.g. to instruct: "hold position, B737 on final RWY xx) ?? What they do: if i line up (for takeoff) "without ATC" they give instructions to an airplane on short final to go around... so, it looks like, ATC can see me just on ground, not beeing (somewhere) in the air. This should be corrected. I use a hardware cockpit and cannot talk to P3D-ATC like when i am online flying....(headset).
OE1CGA

Post by OE1CGA »

nothing changed in P3Dv5 atc ...
it is practically the same (bad) ATC as in v4,5
Alox

Post by Alox »

I agree with thosdcks89.

Regards.
sho69607

Post by sho69607 »

You can use editvoicepack xl to modify some of the unrealistic phrases which helps, but the default behavior remains. Some things work well, some don't.