DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Erenasss

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Postby Erenasss » Tue May 19, 2020 11:55 am

level 0 wont do anything, value data needs to be either 8 or 60....mine is set to 60
Also, Hexadecimal or Decimal ?

pestridge77

Postby pestridge77 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 pm

the fix in my discord automatically registers as Hexadecimal.... which means the value in the box must be 3C to = 60 decimal.....

Erenasss

Postby Erenasss » Tue May 19, 2020 1:01 pm

the fix in my discord automatically registers as Hexadecimal.... which means the value in the box must be 3C to = 60 decimal.....
Changing the value to 3C did not seem to help, I'll try getting that upgraded version of windows and try again, I'll post again with the results

pestridge77

Postby pestridge77 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm

I did really say to do the reg fix AFTER updating windows....as a last resort..
if you are still getting a gpu crash after fixing the reg, then either it wasnt done properly or its not the gpu crashing....

have you looked into event logging to see what is the trigger for the crash..?

Erenasss

Postby Erenasss » Tue May 19, 2020 1:57 pm

I did really say to do the reg fix AFTER updating windows....as a last resort..
if you are still getting a gpu crash after fixing the reg, then either it wasnt done properly or its not the gpu crashing....

have you looked into event logging to see what is the trigger for the crash..?
Haven't checked the event logger, and I'll edit the regs after upgrading, thanks

pestridge77

Postby pestridge77 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:08 pm

no worries...hope you get it fixed

utexgrad

Postby utexgrad » Wed May 20, 2020 5:23 pm

I've been seeing this behavior when switching over to my Oculus Rift S with a 1080-Ti. Based on what I can see in Afterburner, the switch forces a lot of data to be loaded into the vid card's memory in one shot. It happens much more often using Orbx scenery rather than photoreal stuff like MS Earth.

Of course, that would make sense since there isn't nearly as much data to load with photoreal. It also seems to be somewhat predicated on the view I'm in. If I switch to an external view of the aircraft and then switch to VR, I don't see nearly the constant failures that I do when I'm in cockpit view. It also doesn't seem to matter which aircraft I'm using; the built-in AC have the same issues as often as the Aerosoft A330.

I imagine that reducing the texture size, the amount of autogen, etc. will reduce or eliminate the errors, but I haven't tried those options yet. I just wanted to provide some extra information about this issue to those that may be interested.

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”