Rotation Sequence used in P3D

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
shouvik1984

Rotation Sequence used in P3D

Postby shouvik1984 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:57 pm

Greetings,

As I have understood that left hand rule followed in P3D I would like to know what is the rotation sequence that is used to get the pitch, roll, yaw angles. As we all know the aircraft attitude quantities are coupled and pitch can affect roll angle.

Hence I would like to understand what is the convention followed in P3D. I am referring to something like Z-X-Y which will translate to Roll-Pitch-Yaw in P3D convention. I want to ascertain if this is correct, and if not what is the correct convention.

My objective is to convert it to other frame of reference and dimenstional quantities like Quaternions. Please refer Conversion_to_other_orientation_representations for more details

Kindly Help
Best Regards
Shouvik Das

P3Dv4.4 Windows 10 x64 Core i7-8700K GTX1080Ti 32GB DDR 3600MHz

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Rotation Sequence used in P3D

Postby Brady Butler » Mon May 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Hello shouvik1984,

On this page you can find GetPosition() and SetPosition(). I believe the vPHB variable's format is what you're after. These values are in world space. http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/LearningCenter.php

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Return to “Simulation Object Development Questions”