How to get IDISManagerV450 in C# application.

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
sunilhalvi

How to get IDISManagerV450 in C# application.

Post by sunilhalvi »

Hi all,
I am working on a C# project which has progressed significantly.
I need to retrieve DIS related data from simconnect such as entity Id, site Id e.t.c. I read a discussion in this forum which mentioned IDISManagerV450 to get DIS related data. How can I call APIs implemented in IDISManagerV450 from a C# project?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: How to get IDISManagerV450 in C# application.

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello sunilhalvi,

There's no built-in way to do access this data in C# from the SDK. There are a few options where you can create wrappers around a C++ API and convert it either into .NET types or C-style functions to access it in C#.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
sunilhalvi

Post by sunilhalvi »

Hi Brady Butler,
Thank you for your reply, I am working on creating a c++ dynamic library just for calling GetEntityIdByObjectId().
For achieving that I'm going through the Prepar3D website which explains working with PDK, there it is mentioned that "To register your SimObject class, you must first obtain a reference to the Prepar3D Developer Kit interface."
In c++ PDK sample project reference to the P3D developer Kit interface is obtained through parameters of DLLStart() function. In my case, I don't want my library to be called by prepar3D, so I don't have DLLStart() in my library. How can I get reference to the P3D developer kit Interface?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello sunilhalvi,

I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking, but it sounds like you may be looking for something like SimConnect to manipulate/read the data from the simobjects instead of the PDK.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
sunilhalvi

Post by sunilhalvi »

My primary aim is to obtain DIS IDs like entity ID, site ID, exercise ID e.t.c in a c# project which is already using simconnect.dll. As I didn't find any help from simconnect.dll, I started focusing on IDISManagerV450, which is a c++ interface class. So now, I want to create a c++ dll which will call getentityIDbyObjectID() API, which is defined in IDISManagerV450. My C# project will use c++ dll to obtain DIS IDs.
What I'm asking for is:- How to get the reference to the P3D developer Kit interface(the IPdk), which sample codes get through parameters of DLLStart() function. (STDMETHODIMP_(void) DLLStart(__in __notnull IPdk* pPdk))