DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
EmpireKicking

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by EmpireKicking »

Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:39 pm
EmpireKicking wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:24 pm Wasn't even using the ATC and I get that error. with the hotfix also.

All I did was changed different aircraft and camera view. ANd P3d Crash. So was this fixed or it's my end here
Other things could cause it.

Which OS and OS version?
System specs?

What were you flying / doing when you got the error?
On the latest update OS version. And I was flying all types of aircraft as I Was just testing them. All works apart from when I loaded in drone, yep the small little drone. Flying around and then as soon as I changed camera views to go inside with those green text/numbers on the screen the error popped up.

First time getting that error, by the way, I do have orbx installed and the only config I made was "AffinityMask=84" and even so p3d was working great until I load the drone and changed camera views. Last I'm not running the updated graphics drivers, reasons why makes my FSX not to work LOL

system spec,
i7 3930K 3.8ghz Can boost to 4ghz
Flight sim installed onto 1tb SSD
1660TI 6gb OC Edition, 1890mhz
16gb Memory
CPU:i7-10700K 5.3GHz STORAGE:1.5TB SSD, 3TB HDD MB:Asus ROG Strix Z490-E GPU:1660TI 6gb OC Edition RAM:32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

EmpireKicking wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:46 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:39 pm
EmpireKicking wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:24 pm Wasn't even using the ATC and I get that error. with the hotfix also.

All I did was changed different aircraft and camera view. ANd P3d Crash. So was this fixed or it's my end here
Other things could cause it.

Which OS and OS version?
System specs?

What were you flying / doing when you got the error?
On the latest update OS version. And I was flying all types of aircraft as I Was just testing them. All works apart from when I loaded in drone, yep the small little drone. Flying around and then as soon as I changed cam rea views to inside with those green text/numbers on the screen the error popped up.

First time getting that error, by the way, I do have orbx installed and the only config I made was "AffinityMask=84" and even so p3d was working great until I load the drone and changed camera views. Last I'm not running the updated graphics drivers, reasons why makes my FSX not to work LOL

system spec,
i7 3930K 3.8ghz Can boost to 4ghz
Flight sim installed onto 1tb SSD
1660TI 6gb OC Edition, 1890mhz
16gb Memory

Is the problem repeatable for other pilots to test exactly what you are doing?
Give instruction to repeat the problem.

If you do a full flight (not moving around from one aircraft to another and airports) do you have an error?

Do you Reboot the PC between each flight or test ?
I do.

Which Add-on aircraft were you testing?

You mentioned:
"Last I'm not running the updated graphics drivers, reasons why makes my FSX not to work LOL "

This may be your problem when using P3Dv5HF1.

Just to verify, you were flying the little Drone?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:51 pm Is the problem repeatable for other pilots to test exactly what you are doing?

If you do a full flight (not moving around from one aircraft to another and airports) do you have an error?

I do.

Give instructions to repeat the problem.

-Loading in AC11 Commander aircraft and taken off
-5mins after changed to another aircraft to Civilian Utility, Cessna 172 like.
-then once again changed it to C-130J-30 and still flying even that the engine is off and fulling out of the sky and had to land in the field like.
-Loaded in the MH-60K Black Hawk since I was on the ground and was moving cameras around looking at the aircraft. no error messaged came up.
-Then loaded in the Pusher Drone, spawn and power up to take off, she lifted up and around 500 feet. Changed camera view to inside and BANG! Error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

20mins after PC was shutoff and booted I then did 15mins flight in a F-35A and no errors, this time did not change aircraft each time.

Do you Reboot the PC between each flight or test?
No, I don't/haven't rebooted the PC each time that I was flying or testing, However, have restarted p3d many times.

All default p3d V5 aircraft that came with the sim that I have been flying in so far. F-35A spent more time in. As for the drone 2mins if not less. Other aircraft haven't had the error. AC11 Commander aircraft I fly around for 10mins to check how orbx was and no error.

haven't done a full-length flight. However, did fly for 20mins to 30mins in a F-35A going above FL200 with no errors at all.

regards drivers, MAybe! Need to look at that and update
CPU:i7-10700K 5.3GHz STORAGE:1.5TB SSD, 3TB HDD MB:Asus ROG Strix Z490-E GPU:1660TI 6gb OC Edition RAM:32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

EmpireKicking wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:14 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:51 pm Is the problem repeatable for other pilots to test exactly what you are doing?

I do.

Give instructions to repeat the problem.

-Loading in AC11 Commander aircraft and taken off
-5mins after changed to another aircraft to Civilian Utility, Cessna 172 like.
-then once again changed it to C-130J-30 and still flying even that the engine is off and fulling out of the sky and had to land in the field like.
-Loaded in the MH-60K Black Hawk since I was on the ground and was moving cameras around looking at the aircraft. no error messaged came up.
-Then loaded in the Pusher Drone, spawn and power up to take off, she lifted up and around 500 feet. Changed camera view to inside and BANG! Error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

20mins after PC was shutoff and booted I then did 15mins flight in a F-35A and no errors, this time did not change aircraft each time.

Do you Reboot the PC between each flight or test?
No, I don't/haven't rebooted the PC each time that I was flying or testing, However, have restarted p3d many times.

All default p3d V5 aircraft that came with the sim that I have been flying in so far. F-35A spent more time in. As for the drone 2mins if not less. Other aircraft haven't had the error. AC11 Commander aircraft I fly around for 10mins to check how orbx was and no error.

haven't done a full-length flight. However, did fly for 20mins to 30mins in a F-35A going above FL200 with no errors at all.

regards drivers, MAybe! Need to look at that and update
Thanks for the detailed follow up.

"Then loaded in the Pusher Drone, spawn and power up to take off, she lifted up and around 500 feet. Changed camera view to inside and BANG! Error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG?

Have you changed views while in other aircraft during any of your previous tests without any error?

Trying to see if it is changing aircraft or views or both that can cause the DEVICE HUNG?
Best Regards,
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:32 pm Thanks for the detailed follow up.

"Then loaded in the Pusher Drone, spawn and power up to take off, she lifted up and around 500 feet. Changed camera view to inside and BANG! Error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG?

Have you changed views while in other aircraft during any of your previous tests without any error?

Trying to see if it is changing aircraft or views or both that can cause the DEVICE HUNG?
Yes, I have used other aircraft and changed views with no errors. Only for the Pusher Drone. Like I mention. I haven't loaded the Pusher Drone since then though, will do it again and see if the error comes up. Does the Pusher Drone also do it for you? or anyone else in that matter.

Well, I have changed aircraft to and from many times with no errors, but when loading in the Pusher Drone for the first time, bang error.
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:32 pm snip
YEP, Update. LOading P3d V5 up and selected the Pusher Drone, loaded up, and see it on the runway. started to power up. As I'm rolling down the runway I was changing views, When on the green mod screen that shows text/numbers around 5 to 10secs it freezes, and then BANG error comes up.

So load it up for the second time and get the error.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

EmpireKicking wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:45 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:32 pm snip
YEP, Update. LOading P3d V5 up and selected the Pusher Drone, loaded up, and see it on the runway. started to power up. As I'm rolling down the runway I was changing views, When on the green mod screen that shows text/numbers around 5 to 10secs it freezes, and then BANG error comes up.

So load it up for the second time and get the error.
Ok,
Good information.

I have never flown the Drone but I will give your test a try.

" green mod screen"
What is this?
I see Pilot Reticle view.

Which views were you switching from and to (e.g., VC to outside or tower view or other (give views name)?

I took off, changed views many times and no error.

Note:
I always reboot PC after each test and I do not do a lot of aircraft switching.
My default flight is the LM F35A at KRND and that is where it should stay.
For example, Add-on aircraft like PMDG (and others) require the LM default flight for their aircraft to load and fly properly.
Last edited by Martyson on Sat May 02, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best Regards,
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:00 pm Ok,
Good information.

" green mod screen"
What is this?

Which views were you switching from and to (e.g., VC to outside or tower view or other (give views name)?
Outside views no, more like the inside view. VC. You know! that display alt, speed, and other details that are in green like the hud. For example this image https://qf32.files.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... 40x440.jpg
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

EmpireKicking wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:13 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:00 pm Ok,
Good information.

" green mod screen"
What is this?

Outside views no, more like the inside view. VC. You know! that display alt, speed, and other details that are in green like the hud. For example this image https://qf32.files.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... 40x440.jpg
Yes, that is the Pilot's Reticle view.

I used it during my test flight.

Read my previous post. We were entering forum data (post reply) at the same time.
Best Regards,
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:17 pm Yes, that is the Pilot's Reticle view.

I used it during my test flight.

Read my previous post. We were entering forum data (post reply) at the same time.
No idea if this helps. Last two reported error that hot logged
The program Prepar3D.exe version 5.0.24.34874 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 3014
Start Time: 01d620a04b8f55a4
Termination Time: 15
Application Path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V5\Prepar3D.exe
Report Id: edcdb92c-8315-44cd-b2c6-828f5832c408
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Cross-process
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.24.34874, time stamp: 0x5eab3677
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb89efff3
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a799
Faulting process ID: 0x2004
Faulting application start time: 0x01d62091f33ebfbc
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: a9682f99-d6d0-425e-9ee1-4b9d8c3e3962
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll

Reboot your PC.

Load the default flight , should be F35 at KRND.

Takeoff

Switch views many times

exit P3D

Reboot PC

How did it go?
Best Regards,
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Martyson wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:29 pm Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll

Reboot your PC.

Load the default flight , should be F35 at KRND.

Takeoff

Switch views many times

exit P3D

Reboot PC

How did it go?
Hi,

Did flying beforehand and closed it down normal with no errors, PC shut off and on again, did ETS for two years then loaded P3D up, Spawn in an F35 at KRND and taken off, as I'm flying high I changed different views as you mention. or like good 10mins.I just keep on changing and also did it fast for unless lol

Then closed the sim as normal with no errors. Pc then went off

And so is it just me or P3d, Or is the drone bugged. I haven't added any third party aircraft yet
brianv

Post by brianv »

I get the same crash error in P3Dv5 with hotfix 1, loading Justflight Warrior and panning around the cockpit with chaseplane. I notice that it loads with about 3.0/3.4 on the GPU which is a 6 year old 980 GTX and i7 processor. There is also the slight flicker of clouds that others have reported. When the GPU load gets to about 3.1/3.4 the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG appears. I would probably update my computer in a year or two, but should it not be able to run with this hardware?
eallan

Post by eallan »

I have had this problem recently with 4.5. Browsing the web I found two solutions going back many years.

The first: In Nvidea setup screen goto help and enable debugging.

The second: In Nvidea setup where it asks for Rendering do be done on: You have options auto-select/CPU/GTX1080ti (or whatever your card is). I've selected CPU.

This problem has now cleared. As I did both of these fixes I don't know which one has worked, but something for you to try.

Cheers
P3D v4.5 Orbx, Skalarki A320 Project Full cockpit, Jeehell FMGS A320. I7, 16gb, 2x GTX1080ti in SLI. 3x Benq 1080st Projectors
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

eallan wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:35 am I have had this problem recently with 4.5. Browsing the web I found two solutions going back many years.

The first: In Nvidea setup screen goto help and enable debugging.

The second: In Nvidea setup where it asks for Rendering do be done on: You have options auto-select/CPU/GTX1080ti (or whatever your card is). I've selected CPU.

This problem has now cleared. As I did both of these fixes I don't know which one has worked, but something for you to try.

Cheers
Not everyone gets this error it seems, I haven't updated my drivers yet so that's one thing that I will need to do and then go ahead and test it. So this error is known even in V4 and hasn't been fully fixed.