LandClass/Vector Data

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mcdonoughdr

Re: LandClass/Vector Data

Post by mcdonoughdr »

There is also an elevated bridge right behind the main terminal at KPVD that kinda cuts down the middle of a taxiway.
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Yeah, LOWI's valley is fixed checked the whole QMID.
Mroberts95

Post by Mroberts95 »

Sweet,
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Looking at that KPVD issue too.

edit: Not every airport got the same TLC that it needed, i see that conflict with old terminal placement and new road data.
Mroberts95

Post by Mroberts95 »

Hey I am off to bed. If I find things in the morning should I post them here? I know you can’t say when the hotfix will come out. Maybe make this a pinned thread for the future so we can add things as we find them
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Hey, have a good night, appreciate the help! Pinning a thread is a great idea.
StewieGriffin

Post by StewieGriffin »

KXNA is missing buildings. There are jetways and a tower, but nothing else.

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Do you have your scenery complexity slider turn up? Not all buildings are set to normal, but terminals should be in most cases.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Another big problem when you add new airpors , you have the new airport +the defalut airport at a lower layer , you can see deflaut taxi signs towers and even runways most of the time , its seems Lm has changed something. i dont know how to post a screenshot here
Last edited by ryanair007 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mroberts95

Post by Mroberts95 »

I believe that issue is because of these airports needing new exclude files for V5 so those that were not update by the dev for V5 will have a different exclude file then what is probably need now. You need to have the dev update the scenery for V5
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

So that means every scenery in v4 , kind of a blow , every scenery will have to be edited in Ade then .
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

The airport data, buildings, taxiway signs, jetways etc from P3Dv4 was all legacy FSX data (99%) I only sporadically updated airports since then. They were incredibly inaccurate, not to scale and just old and so there was no way to just leave them as is and incorporate new data for v5, especially new aeronautical data, that was accurate, water data, roads and buildings. That's why all the old excludes that were 'micro-excludes' no longer work.
Mroberts95

Post by Mroberts95 »

Max Perry wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:44 pm The airport data, buildings, taxiway signs, jetways etc from P3Dv4 was all legacy FSX data (99%) I only sporadically updated airports since then. They were incredibly inaccurate, not to scale and just old and so there was no way to just leave them as is and incorporate new data for v5, especially new aeronautical data, that was accurate, water data, roads and buildings. That's why all the old excludes that were 'micro-excludes' no longer work.
Hey Max, I will be home in a little bit. I have some more annomiles I found, Do you have time to squeeze those into the hotfix?
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

I can't say for sure it will be in the hotfix but I still want to know about it and we'll make tickets and fix it in the future.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Max Perry wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:44 pm The airport data, buildings, taxiway signs, jetways etc from P3Dv4 was all legacy FSX data (99%) I only sporadically updated airports since then. They were incredibly inaccurate, not to scale and just old and so there was no way to just leave them as is and incorporate new data for v5, especially new aeronautical data, that was accurate, water data, roads and buildings. That's why all the old excludes that were 'micro-excludes' no longer work.
So in other words , if the developers dont update the airports from v4 to v5 all my 200 airports are usless if i well understand.