Saitek Pro flight panels & P3Dv5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
miseb79

Saitek Pro flight panels & P3Dv5

Post by miseb79 »

Hi everyone,

I have new prepar3dv5 installed with Saitek Pro Flight Multipanel, Radio panel and yoke system connected. Yoke ist working correctly, but panels have no led information displayed, even knobs and switches aren't working. This is not my hardware setup problem, nor power problem, because in FSX everything was working. Have you somebody similar expoerience?Thanks
Martyson

Re: Saitek Pro flight panels & P3Dv5

Post by Martyson »

miseb79 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:13 pm Hi everyone,

I have new prepar3dv5 installed with Saitek Pro Flight Multipanel, Radio panel and yoke system connected. Yoke ist working correctly, but panels have no led information displayed, even knobs and switches aren't working. This is not my hardware setup problem, nor power problem, because in FSX everything was working. Have you somebody similar expoerience?Thanks
"Yoke ist working correctly"

Does that mean Yoke is not working correctly?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
miseb79

Post by miseb79 »

Martyson ,

I have problems with radio panel and multiswitch panel connected to yoke
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

miseb79 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:26 am Martyson ,

I have problems with radio panel and multiswitch panel connected to yoke
Are you using a Saitek Power Adapter hooked to your Saitek Yoke?
Best Regards,
miseb79

Post by miseb79 »

I dont have original one, but USB hub with enouh power (3A). This is working fine in different simulators, so its not a power supply problem. When I reconnect both panels, both displays and leds blink for a while, but then no one is lit. Even when I connect only 1 panel (less consumption), it behaves similarly
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

miseb79 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:42 am I dont have original one, but USB hub with enouh power (3A). This is working fine in different simulators, so its not a power supply problem. When I reconnect both panels, both displays and leds blink for a while, but then no one is lit. Even when I connect only 1 panel (less consumption), it behaves similarly
You did not mention USB Hub in your first post.

You said panels hooked to Yoke. That is why I asked about Saitek power adapter.

You have a problem with your Saitek setup or a Saitek failure.

Best to contact Saitek and get product support for you situation.
Best Regards,
miseb79

Post by miseb79 »

Yes, sorry for that, I forgot to mention it.
As I said it was working with FSX and prepar4.5, so it isn't hardware related problem.
Panels should be working alone without yoke as well, they have their own drivers. It doesnt matter if they are connected to yoke or directly to PC.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

When you contact Saitek Support mention working with FSX and prepar4.5 but not P3Dv5.

Saitek support will help you with their drivers if they are updated for P3Dv5.

You have a custom Saitek setup and your install information has changed since your first post.

Saitek support will give you full information for your situation.
Best Regards,
miseb79

Post by miseb79 »

ok thanks
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

I have a better sollution for you.

Use either versions of S.P.A.D. or Spad.Next, the latter one is payware, but it works fine. The first one is for fsx.se and the second one i use for p3d v4.x and it works perfect, easy to setup too, you should try, search for it on google, start by throwing out saiteks drivers, they never worked for me, so i start using those two above.

Regards
Geir
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Geir Haukland wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:28 pm I have a better sollution for you.

Use either versions of S.P.A.D. or Spad.Next, the latter one is payware, but it works fine. The first one is for fsx.se and the second one i use for p3d v4.x and it works perfect, easy to setup too, you should try, search for it on google, start by throwing out saiteks drivers, they never worked for me, so i start using those two above.

Regards
Geir
S.P.A.D. Next (payware) has not been approved for P3Dv5 yet, correct?
Best Regards,
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

not really, but i cant see it wont work, i would try it nevertheless, so one way to find out, right, just try..
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Geir Haukland wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:13 pm not really, but i cant see it wont work, i would try it nevertheless, so one way to find out, right, just try..

The problem is, as I see it, an unapproved product has to be purchased (not by me!) :

With a ton of user configurations PC, software, hardware, usb hubs etc out there who does the purchaser contact if he/she has problems?

Have you contacted SPAD and verified if they are working on an approved product for P3Dv5?
Best Regards,
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

Martyson wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:31 pm
Geir Haukland wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:13 pm not really, but i cant see it wont work, i would try it nevertheless, so one way to find out, right, just try..

The problem is, as I see it, an unapproved product has to be purchased (not by me!) :

With a ton of user configurations PC, software, hardware, usb hubs etc out there who does the purchaser contact if he/she has problems?

Have you contacted SPAD and verified if they are working on an approved product for P3Dv5?
Nope, and i dont have v5 and i dont have the computer power to run it either. Gonne build a new computer for that later.
I use it for my v4.x and works fine, and i am happy with that, if you are trying to tip me off, you wont make it, not this time. Have a nice day. E.O.D.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Geir Haukland wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:50 pm
Martyson wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Nope, and i dont have v5 and i dont have the computer power to run it either. Gonne build a new computer for that later.
I use it for my v4.x and works fine, and i am happy with that, if you are trying to tip me off, you wont make it, not this time. Have a nice day. E.O.D.
I see here you had a SPAD problem when you went from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4.
viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=126301&p=165039#p165039

When you go to P3Dv5 it is best to only use products approved and tested for P3Dv5.
Best Regards,