P3D V5 - MANY Graphics errors and CTDs

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
sma69

Re: P3D V5 - MANY Graphics errors and CTDs

Post by sma69 »

Hi, I also made a thread regarding v5 CTD in avsim as well, I have same issue, some people on board with me too, As soon as I get in the 100% of loading I get CTD, some times the sky appears and some of the objects and then I get CTD. Re installed many driver versions using DDU to uninstall first and nothing helped, Going nvidia driver 430 helped getting in but as soon I change Airport or Aircraft or weather or graphics setting I get CTD, faulting module is either g2d or kernelbase , CPU is i7 3610QM , GPU is asus 1070Ti A8G. No problems in v4.5 hf2. Just V5.
rlashier1

Post by rlashier1 »

This error and subsequent CTD has been noted on several threads both here and on the AVSIM forums.
Is anyone aware of a fix and is someone at LM looking into this. We have tried the troubleshooting steps that are routinely included in the responses, but no luck yet getting past the scenario screen on startup. Yes,I can disable the startup screen and run the default flight, but try to change the vehicle, and bam, the error message saying that my GTX1070 is not working, then CTD seconds later. I have the latest version of Win 10 and latest video drivers.

Version 4.5 runs great on this system. Just can’t get v5 to show some love.

Anything else to try?
Rich L
rlashier1

Post by rlashier1 »

Good news! I resolved this issue on my system by deleting the Prepar3d profile I had created in RTSS for use in v 4.5. Since I was running v5 and also retained my setup for v 4.5, it was the RTSS PROFILE creating this issue and the CTD. All is good now, and I am exploring v5.
If you are having this error on the startup screen and getting CTDs, check to see if you have RTSS on your system.
Rich L
marcmonteiro

Post by marcmonteiro »

Today it didn't carsh anymore.. maybe the last nvidia graphics downloaded yesterday made some difference

W10 64-bit 1809 (compilation 17763.1158)
GTX 1070 with today's nvidia driver v445.87
rlashier1

Post by rlashier1 »

For those still vexed by graphics errors and particularly these types of errors (video card “not working”) then an abrupt CTD, there is a fix reported as RESOLVED above that is tied to the add-on Riva Tuner Statistics Server or RTSS.
If you have RTSS on your system (I used it to lock FPS in v4.5), you will likely solve this issue by removing RTSS from your system, or, by deleting your Prepar3d profile in RTSS. Restart system and v5 and all is good!
Hope this helps users with crashes and video card related errors on startup.
Rich L
zazaboeing

Post by zazaboeing »

rlashier1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:14 pm Good news! I resolved this issue on my system by deleting the Prepar3d profile I had created in RTSS for use in v 4.5. Since I was running v5 and also retained my setup for v 4.5, it was the RTSS PROFILE creating this issue and the CTD. All is good now, and I am exploring v5.
If you are having this error on the startup screen and getting CTDs, check to see if you have RTSS on your system.
Rich L
Hi Rich,

I didn't even know what RTSS mean, had to google it. Don't have this installed on mt machine.
I've put P3dv5 aside until it works.

Thanks for your replies though.

Rafael
rhenson529

Post by rhenson529 »

I too have this issue about 30 minutes into the flight with my 2080ti.
YWG256

Post by YWG256 »

rhenson529 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:11 am I too have this issue about 30 minutes into the flight with my 2080ti.
you use atc?
rhenson529

Post by rhenson529 »

I do but it’s also done the same without using ATC.
lionwing

Post by lionwing »

I've just given up with trying to be part of the "beta test" team. I've uninstalled it and will come back in a few months when hopefully things are much more stable.

Apologies this doesn't offer a positive contribution to the discussion but v5 just lacks the refinement that v4 had on launch.
yvjjflores

Post by yvjjflores »

lionwing wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:14 am I've just given up with trying to be part of the "beta test" team. I've uninstalled it and will come back in a few months when hopefully things are much more stable.

Apologies this doesn't offer a positive contribution to the discussion but v5 just lacks the refinement that v4 had on launch.
+1
PanosCy

Post by PanosCy »

same for me, I'm reverting to 4.5
jfmitch1716

Post by jfmitch1716 »

I got the same with my Titan GTX
jfmitch1716

Post by jfmitch1716 »

I got an DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG while using a Titan X GPU. Resolved by updating NVIDIA drivers to 445.87
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

This particulat issue can be helped although its really only a temp cure......

What is happening is the graphics card is getting overloaded with the data its being asked to display and so goes into a state of hang for a few seconds, during this time, windows is monitoring and in simple terms is giving it 2 seconds to sort itself out before resetting it. Then you get that pop up that nukes the sim..

What can be helped is telling the Windows Operating System to give the card a little longer to resolve before resetting it. I have changed the value to 8 seconds on my PC and I NEVER get a gpu crash now.....

Its something you need to change in the registry as now software developer is allowed to change these types of system files....
It does not harm your system, windows is just resetting the graphics card to protect the system from failure....So unless LM are really trying to nuke our Pcs with overwhelming sending of the data to the gpu ( I know they are not) this will safely resolve THIS particular type of crash

For anyone wanting to research themselves, the value is the TdrDelay in the registry....
https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu- ... 45489.html
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)