LandClass/Vector Data

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
bills511

Re: LandClass/Vector Data

Post by bills511 »

Max Perry wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:59 pm KEYE Eagle Creek Resevoir fixed,
Thanks for fixing KEYE Eagle Creek Reservoir.
The other water body missing in Indianapolis: Geist Reservoir. 39°55'37.2"N 85°57'36.0"W

https://www.google.com/maps/place/39°55 ... 5.96?hl=en
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Got it, Mississippi, good screenshots.
fakeflyer737

Post by fakeflyer737 »

Max Perry wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:59 pm I have the Detroit RIver fixed, Thames in Ontario, KEYE Eagle Creek Resevoir fixed, Ohio River at KOWB fixed. I'll have that oddity fixed near KIER soon. Noone said anything about Rend Lake, but I fixed that too :P

But saying it looks horrible isn't specific enough to fix anything sorry! We have landclass, and vector data types. If it was better before please provide something specific, for example most of these posts deal with a missing lake or water oddity.

Let me know soon so if it is fixable i can put it in the hotfix.
Thanks! Are google images enough for you to compare too?

Im sorry but I deleted v4 off of my PC already .
fakeflyer737

Post by fakeflyer737 »

I also wanted to ask why in the hell is there double bridges on EVERY bridge..ie Ambasssador bridge (detroit river) has two bridges, one is the actual model, the other is like a generic bridge. So annoying!
JRBarrett

Post by JRBarrett »

Either a small volcano, or an enormous termite mound. About 8 miles east of Muncie, Indiana.

Near N40 20.62, W 085 09.73

Orbx Global Base Textures and OpenLCNA - no other scenery add-ons or mesh

Jim Barrett
jonasbeaver

Post by jonasbeaver »

There are maybe 30 random 1000' towers near KXBP and a bunch of strange looking towers by the approach end of 13 at KEDC
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Keep them coming

Random 1000' foot towers KXBP
Volcano/Termite Mount Near N40 20.62, W 085 09.73

Double bridges... we tried to delete the 'generic' bridges' where ever we had customs but we missed some. It's not every bridge so let us know specifically which ones if you can!

You can use any imagery service to help compare to, or even use open mapping databases to see what data might look like there.
jam99

Post by jam99 »

hello P3D team

would be nice if you could take a look at the 'Rhône Valley' in Switzerland. Main airport is LSGS and as you can see in the attached picture the river is sunken into a canyon and the moutains around the valley end up in huge cliffs and that messes up part of the scenery. Example on the screen is N46° 6.86' / E7° 2.95'

the same kind of problem with another river is visible here for example (in spain) : N41 43.42 / w0 58.99

i don't know if you have a generic way to detect rivers sunken below ground (probably not) because there are probably a a few more around the world suffering from this problem ... or well we'll just report them when we come across some.

2 other little that you are maybe already aware of but could not find in this forum :

Maldives : airport VRMM -> airport not on a small island but on a huge square of land (no screenshot needed, obvious if you just load the airport)

US : airport KHQM -> big patches of land all around the airport that should not be there

thank you !
fakeflyer737

Post by fakeflyer737 »

Max Perry wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:05 pm Keep them coming

Random 1000' foot towers KXBP
Volcano/Termite Mount Near N40 20.62, W 085 09.73

Double bridges... we tried to delete the 'generic' bridges' where ever we had customs but we missed some. It's not every bridge so let us know specifically which ones if you can!

You can use any imagery service to help compare to, or even use open mapping databases to see what data might look like there.
Max please fix the Ambassador bridge double in Detroit MI, it crosses the Detroit River. Also the San Mateo bridge outside of Oakland/San Fran.
flyblueskies

Post by flyblueskies »

P3dV5 CO95 Elevation Issue

Stock KTEX and stock CO95

mcdonoughdr

Post by mcdonoughdr »

Found another trench near CYYZ, can anyone double check and confirm?

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137317
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Those 2 bridges are ticketed to be fixed.

The issues in Switzerland/Italy/Spain with sunken rivers are being reviewed, those are related.

VRMM is noted and easy fix.

KHQM is missing the high tide water/estuaries.

Thank you guys so much, the world is so big and i feel like i've seen it but not really!
su-30

Post by su-30 »

Near UWKS. Default P3Dv5
n85988

Post by n85988 »

Max Perry wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:59 pm I have the Detroit RIver fixed, Thames in Ontario, KEYE Eagle Creek Resevoir fixed, Ohio River at KOWB fixed. I'll have that oddity fixed near KIER soon. Noone said anything about Rend Lake, but I fixed that too :P

But saying it looks horrible isn't specific enough to fix anything sorry! We have landclass, and vector data types. If it was better before please provide something specific, for example most of these posts deal with a missing lake or water oddity.

Let me know soon so if it is fixable i can put it in the hotfix.
I learned to fly in southwestern Ohio, flying out of I68 Lebanon-Warren County Airport and KHAO Hamiltion (Butler Co. now), and the landclass in these areas have never been accurate at all around these airports. Around I68 it is mostly farmland, and in the sim it looks like lots of small towns with lots of houses, buildings, and trees. KHAO is much better, but the landclass between these two has too many small "patches of town textures, and LOTS of road textures that go nowhere. And with v5, there are tons of poles or towers all over the place, all of them with red beacons on top. On the north end of the field at KMGY Montgomery Co. is a line of towers going east/west that are not there at all in real life.
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

I'm taking a look at the weird tower issue. Those should be telephone poles/electricity poles, could you confirm?

Do you have any screenshots of the road issue or a location to inspect?