P3Dv5 AI Not Pushing Back (No Departing Traffic in Sim)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Clipper Ocean Spray

P3Dv5 AI Not Pushing Back (No Departing Traffic in Sim)

Post by Clipper Ocean Spray »

Hi, I'm using a fresh P3D v5 install with no add-on scenery or any other add-on.

The default AI do not push back after getting clearance (i.e., AI stuck at clearance). I've tried several different default airports, so I think this might be the case for all airports. That is, no default AI are pushing back and departing anywhere in the sim (only arrival traffic).

Here one specific example that you can replicate at an airport that isn't busy, so there shouldn't be any problems. Default Melbourne FL (KMLB) at the startup date around 7:44, where the single parked AI gets clearance, but won't push back. Traffic density = 85% and airport ground traffic set to moderate.

I've made a video to document: https://youtu.be/QfqV1-Ap1r0

AI gets normal ground service 0-7:30 in the clip. The actual failure to push back occurs 7:30-8:15. Details about my installed configuration are shown 9:45-10:40. I run the clip to about 15 minute, so it shows the AI continuing to be stuck for a long time.

If you want to try a busier airport, I've seen a failure to push back happen at those too, like KLAX.

I was able to replicate this problem on two significantly different computers: a 9700K/Win10/AMD 5700XT and a 5930K/Win10/1070ti.

Could you please try to replicate and fix?

Thanks!
Roland Foster
Kaiii3

Re: P3Dv5 AI Not Pushing Back (No Departing Traffic in Sim)

Post by Kaiii3 »

must be related to default AI and/or default airport.

I ran just some moments ago OCI AI Traffic at an modifief AFD from v4 and it was working.
Clipper Ocean Spray

Kaiii3 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:42 pm must be related to default AI and/or default airport.

I ran just some moments ago OCI AI Traffic at an modifief AFD from v4 and it was working.
Thanks for testing some add-ons, very useful for trouble-shooting and I appreciate it.

I haven't gotten that far yet. I write simconnect utilities that are based off the default P3D AI program, but half of P3Dv5 default AI program (the departure side) appears to be broken right now, so it is sort of hard for me to get past that.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Clipper Ocean Spray,

I had a quick look at default P3Dv5 AI traffic (KDTW, KORD).
Bags load, Preflight, Clearance, no engine start , no Pushback, no taxi, no takeoff

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

will do some tests with OCI on default airports today and report back
Clipper Ocean Spray

Martyson wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:25 am @ Clipper Ocean Spray,

I had a quick look at default P3Dv5 AI traffic (KDTW, KORD).
Bags load, Preflight, Clearance, no engine start , no Pushback, no taxi, no takeoff

Thanks for verifying the bug, especially since it means dealing with default AI and airports. ;-) Totally understand everyone rushing out of the gate to the add-ons, but if the default AI program is broken, the problem may spill over into the AI and scenery add-ons perhaps unpredictably.
Clipper Ocean Spray

Kaiii3 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:45 am will do some tests with OCI on default airports today and report back
Thanks! I'll take a look too using ADE to compare the v4 and v5 default bgl(s), perhaps there is a systematic issue that will pop out.
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

ok did the first tests:

1) Running OCI AI
2) Starting at 12:00 local at EDDF (defualt)
-----
Some time later (12:10) an Airbus A321 from LH is taxiing to the runway for takeoff

1) Running OCI AI
2) Starting at 12:00 local in KORD (defualt)
-----
Shortly after loading (12:04) an CRJ is taxiing to the runway

So it seems the problem is the default AI then....
Clipper Ocean Spray

Kaiii3 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:17 pm ok did the first tests:

1) Running OCI AI
2) Starting at 12:00 local at EDDF (defualt)
-----
Some time later (12:10) an Airbus A321 from LH is taxiing to the runway for takeoff

1) Running OCI AI
2) Starting at 12:00 local in KORD (defualt)
-----
Shortly after loading (12:04) an CRJ is taxiing to the runway

So it seems the problem is the default AI then....
Thanks, very helpful info. that helped me pinpoint the problem and a decent workaround.

The problem appears to be the default trafficAircraft.bgl file. I replaced it (after making a backup and moving the backup out of the scenery/world/scenery directory) with the default trafficAircraft.bgl file from P3Dv4 and everything is working normally.

I noticed I could set custom flight plans (in traffic tools traffic explorer) and the default AI pushed-back normally and taxied out, so that made me think the default traffic plans were hosed and they just needed to replaced by the P3Dv4 file (as a temporary work-around).

I'm pretty sure LM just needs to specially look at the trafficAircraft.blg file (and probably the schedule data that was used to create it during compilation).

Thanks everyone for your help!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Thanks for the report. We'll investigate this and get back to you.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead