Default Airports in P3Dv5

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Kaiii3

Default Airports in P3Dv5

Post by Kaiii3 »

Hey,

thanks for updatating the default Airport information in v5. I checked some Airports (EDDH, EDDS) and Airport Data is horrible. Both come with only 4 Gates, compared to the default data in v4 (much more gates, and parking spots) this is more or less a downgrade....

Are there any plans to update the airport data again to have at least the standards from v4 again?
niksan29

Re: Default Airports in P3Dv5

Post by niksan29 »

+1
interesting too
Cheers!
Alox

Post by Alox »

This is same for the airports from Mexico. In the version 4 it was better, now i only have one a kind of car that looks like a tiny control tower, very disappointment
Hewe

Post by Hewe »

This is also true for EFHK, which is a major airport after all.
I do however like, that the taxiways are finally updated.
Just the stands/gates are not implemented well
B747Fan

Post by B747Fan »

It feels like its in overall an upgrade within a downgrade :D
They should have only release 4.5 HF3 and wait for v5 :D
Regards,
Timm Rehberg
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

does it matter if they get replaced anyway by 3rd party airports?
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
ahuimanu

Post by ahuimanu »

It would seem that they've dispensed with some of the old FSX models, which is OK.

Also, scenery density?
Paulwarren86

Post by Paulwarren86 »

Same with default EGPF, apron data and taxi ways have been updated, but only 6 gates. Opened V4 with some ADE modifications almost perfect, cant use this data in V5 due to missing buildings now. Yes i know 3rd party airports are available and much more detail, but having the full world full of these is a cost. Using REX worldwide airports and some ADE modifications is a great compromise and great on frames.
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

This is a great list of airports I can go to and fix up for the default scenery so far.

EGPF
EFHK
EDDH
EDDS

You said Mexico, but let me know if there's some specific ones that I can revisit. Most airports have been updated but the parking wasn't always replaced correctly. I'm mostly looking for jetways/gates that I can put back or add, rather than GA spots but feel free to add them to the list.
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

Max Perry wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:27 pm This is a great list of airports I can go to and fix up for the default scenery so far.

EGPF
EFHK
EDDH
EDDS

You said Mexico, but let me know if there's some specific ones that I can revisit. Most airports have been updated but the parking wasn't always replaced correctly. I'm mostly looking for jetways/gates that I can put back or add, rather than GA spots but feel free to add them to the list.
Regarding Germany i would suggest to have a look at all EDD*-Airports. If you want I can offer my help when updating the airports with new parking spots
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Ok, we'll take note of 'EDD...' airports. I can't take user submissions directly but there are other open mapping databases that i can look into absorbing if they are updated. We will try to incorporate this data in the future.
Paulwarren86

Post by Paulwarren86 »

Hi max thanks for looking into this and potentially fixing. Most UK airports i look at are the same. EGPH, EGGW, EGGD, EGSS. The buildings of the airport terminals seam a tad on the tall side. Also a scenery error in Glasgow, the science centre on the river clyde near Ibrox stadium is higher than the the land resulting in weird looking scenery.

Thanks, Paul
vicmonel

Post by vicmonel »

In Colombia, airports are not the same as they were in P3Dv4. Like SKBO, SKBQ, SKCL, SKRG, among others. Few gates and parking.
niksan29

Post by niksan29 »

need a little cut flattening the GCLP airport(near rwy 21L\21R):

p/s
if possible also add missing airports such as UWSG, URRP ...
Cheers!
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Thanks for the screenshot. I can cut that flattening no problem. I'll get your new airports added to our list for the future.