Please correct errors or click cancel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
pmb

Please correct errors or click cancel

Post by pmb »

This refers to Prepar3d5: Whenever I go into the menu in-flight to change a setting I get the following message:

"Please correct errors or click cancel"

I tried unckecking speedtrees (dynamic vegetation), VSync and some more settings. I can only reset the setting to the previous value or - as suggested - click cancel.

Any explanation or help?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: Please correct errors or click cancel

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hi Michael,

This error message shows when there is a validation error with the weather settings. If you go to the weather UI, it should tell you what the error that needs to be corrected is. This error was more clear when the weather was in a separate UI, and we will clarify the error in a future update.

-Brad
pmb

Post by pmb »

Thanks Brad, much acknowledged, I'll check this tonight. I had weather set to "Fair Weather".

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
kand

Post by kand »

You can only have 1 rain layer, the default legacy profiles still contain multiple
pmb

Post by pmb »

Ah, thanks a lot, I'll amend this.

Kind regards, Michael
pmb

Post by pmb »

I am not yet done with this. The error message reappears from time to time even if I don't have doubled rain layers and even cloudless weather.

Also menu access itself is deadly slow for me. Yesterday, I had to wait for a minute (yes) until the menu appeares after clicking onto the corresponding menu entry. Next, I made the modification (I wanted to uncheck Enhaned Atmosphere for comparison) and when I was done I got that message again.

Visually and performance-wise I am quite pleased with version 5.0 but being unable to modify settings in the menu is a showstopper.

I should add, I installed the complete ORBX catalogue (minus not yet compatible items) via the add-on.xml method, but I have only part of this active for the region where I am flying. I think slowdown of menu access started after installing these sceneries, while the error message was clearly present before.

I'll gladly help with debugging, is there any log file or such which I can send?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael
boeing717

Post by boeing717 »

The same here. My planned option changes don´t touch the weather settings - only the controls. Cause of that error-message I can use P3D only with default settings. There is no information, which errors were causing this message "Please correct errors or click cancel"
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

boeing717 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:20 am The same here. My planned option changes don´t touch the weather settings - only the controls. Cause of that error-message I can use P3D only with default settings. There is no information, which errors were causing this message "Please correct errors or click cancel"
What I would do, as a quick test:
Start the LM default flight
Top menu, World Weather change to Clear Sky
Save the default flight.
Exit P3D
Reboot PC
Start P3D, default flight
See if you can change Options now?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We are working to fix the slow loading issue. This is caused by large numbers of add-on.xml entries.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
pmb

Post by pmb »

To my dismay I have to report this issue is still present in Hotfix1. This is a completely new installation, initial version 5.0 uninstalled, all generated user files deleted. I only reinstalled the (complete range of) ORBX Sceneries so far, but no other addons.

I am unable to do any settings in the menu as upon retun from the menu I always get this message. Admittedly, this message did not appear immediately after installation where I made some initial settings. Seemingly one of the settings I made in the interm triggered that message which now keeps reappearing.

Kind regards, Michael
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Michael,

Do you have enhanced atmospherics enabled with multiple precipitation layers in use? We are working to support multiple precipitation layers in this case.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
MHargrove

Post by MHargrove »

You can get rid of that error by going into 'Weather' and deleting cloud layers until there are either zero or one layers defined. If you're using external weather injection, you can just delete them all. It's a little annoying, but not really a showstopper.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
pmb

Post by pmb »

After several hours of research, I could isolate the issue in my case. I use FS-FlightControl as a MovingMap on a networked machine which (with certain settings) can set weather in the simulator. This kept resetting several wind layers where two of them were (slightly) overlapping which triggered the menu access error.

I contacted the author and within a day(!) he provided an update avoiding the layer overlap, so the issue is solved for me now.

However, I consider this rather a workaround than a solution. FS-FlightControl has been working with these overlapping layers through all Prepar3d3 and 4 runs, there will certainly be more programs running into issues and no doubt there will be users manually setting overlapping layers.

Kind regards, Michael
pmb

Post by pmb »

ignore, double post
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Hey Guys,

I am gonna necro bring this thread back alive.

I never saw this problem in 5.0hf2 but what is going on with 5.1 on this.

Trying to change a settings but I keep getting this error. Super annoying, please help