ATC Window undock

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Stevan44

ATC Window undock

Post by Stevan44 »

Is there a way to set ATC window to display undock mode by default (Version 4.5)?
Stevan44

Re: ATC Window undock

Post by Stevan44 »

Surely someone know how to configure the ATC window so that it opens up in the undocked mode.
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

Not sure what you mean any more details ?
tucanto

Post by tucanto »

tucanto wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:15 pm Not sure what you mean any more details ?
Thinking about it, I can not see whats difficult about opening the atc window with the ' right clicking it
and clicking undock and moving it where required takes 10 seconds, same with the gps window.
ppo

Post by ppo »

Easy to resolve:
Go to your P3D folder, open the Gauges folder and open missionpanels.cfg with Notepad.

Search for [Window11] which is the ATC window.

Edit the window_size entry or: the numbers are percentages of the screen, so 0.2, 0.53 means the width is a 5th (20%) of your screen and the height is just over half (53%) of your screen.

Edit the position: 0 (zero) is top left corner, 1 is top middle, 2 is top right corner, 3 is left middle, 4 is middle, 5 is right middle, 6 is bottom left corner, 7 is bottom middle, 8 is bottom right corner

Save the file and your done forever. Well, until the next reinstall. Just try some numbers to see what works best for you.

Note that I am not the owner of this tip.
Cheers,
Pierre
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

ppo wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:06 pm Easy to resolve:
Go to your P3D folder, open the Gauges folder and open missionpanels.cfg with Notepad.

Search for [Window11] which is the ATC window.

Edit the window_size entry or: the numbers are percentages of the screen, so 0.2, 0.53 means the width is a 5th (20%) of your screen and the height is just over half (53%) of your screen.

Edit the position: 0 (zero) is top left corner, 1 is top middle, 2 is top right corner, 3 is left middle, 4 is middle, 5 is right middle, 6 is bottom left corner, 7 is bottom middle, 8 is bottom right corner

Save the file and your done forever. Well, until the next reinstall. Just try some numbers to see what works best for you.

Note that I am not the owner of this tip.
Cheers,
Pierre
Does the OP want the window in a new positioned on the screen or "undocked" ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Stevan44

Post by Stevan44 »

Thank you gentleman for your replies.

To clarify I simply want to have the ATC windows open in undocked mode automatically.

In FSX it would open undocked and the another program called Borderless Gaming would place the undocked window in a predetermined screen location. I'm using the same app (Borderless Gaming) for Prepare3d to do the same thing. This saves me an extra two step in setting up for a flight.

I know I can right click to go to undock mode, but if FSX did it automatically then Prepare3d should be able to do that same. But I do not see an option under missionpanel.cfg to tell the windows to go to undock mode.

Thanks,
Steve
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Steve,

I had some time so I did a test.

My default flight is the LM F22 at KDTW.

I got the F22 ATC displayed on my primary FS monitor.

I saved the flight.

Exited P3D

Rebooted the PC

Started P3D default flight and the ATC window was visible where I had last saved the flight.
Best Regards,
Stevan44

Post by Stevan44 »

I can do the same too. But if I can have it open to undock mode it will go to where I want it. Even if I just open it for the first it, Borderless Gaming app will place it where I want it. It just has to be in the undock windows mode.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Stevan44 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 pm I can do the same too. But if I can have it open to undock mode it will go to where I want it. Even if I just open it for the first it, Borderless Gaming app will place it where I want it. It just has to be in the undock windows mode.
Steve,

I had some time so I did a test.

My default flight is the LM F22 at KDTW.

I got the F22 ATC displayed on my primary FS monitor.
>>> ATC in a Docked or unDocked state (without a boarder? or with a boarder) sane as FSX would allow.
By that I mean a normal ATC window , docked or undocked.

I saved the flight.

Exited P3D

Rebooted the PC

Started P3D default flight and the ATC window was visible where I had last saved the flight.

About boarderless ... maybe do a screenshot of what you expect?
Best Regards,
Stevan44

Post by Stevan44 »

Hi

What I'm simply looking for is can ATC window open to undocking mode automatically? FSX ATC windows did, but I believe that Prepar3d does not allow this.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I need a screenshot of the ATC window you expect to see when you start P3D's default flight?

What did you have to do in FSX to get the ATC window you wanted?
Best Regards,
ppo

Post by ppo »

P3D allows this as long as you save a flight with the ATC window undocked.
When you load that flight, it will show the ATC window undocked on the monitor that you save it to.
You can make it the default
Cheers,
Pierre
Stevan44

Post by Stevan44 »

This is true if you save the default flight, the windows will be undocked.

But you can't have ATC undocked window if you're creating a new flight. I don't what to use the default flight parameter all the time. I don't want to manually select the undocked windows option every time.

That is what I was aiming for.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Stevan44 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:26 am This is true if you save the default flight, the windows will be undocked.

But you can't have ATC undocked window if you're creating a new flight. I don't what to use the default flight parameter all the time. I don't want to manually select the undocked windows option every time.

That is what I was aiming for.
In my first example I mentioned I was using the P3D F22 default flight and saving the flight with the ATC window (docked or undocked).

You never mentioned your problem was when creating a new flight.

Now, I will ask again.
How did you accomplish what you want to do in FSX?
Best Regards,