View Groups Issue

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
benorg

View Groups Issue

Post by benorg »

Hi,

I am using a three projector collimated visual setup using prepar3d v4.5 view groups.

The warp and blend is provided by Immersaview. The problem we are having is that P3D will display the left view-group on the right projector and the right view-group on the left projector.

Our workaround has been to take the application out of full-screen and into windowed mode and then drag the switched view-groups to their correct side and then re-enable full screen. This solution works until we restart the sim again and then the problem resurfaces.
MistyBlue

Re: View Groups Issue

Post by MistyBlue »

Changing the Display ID doesn't move the view to a different projector? On my setup with 3 displays I can change the Display ID for each view to move the view to whatever displays I have available.
Tony
https://www.simobsession.com
Jim Harnes

Post by Jim Harnes »

MistyBlue wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm Changing the Display ID doesn't move the view to a different projector? On my setup with 3 displays I can change the Display ID for each view to move the view to whatever displays I have available.

That's also my experience with 3 displays.

Best,
Jim
benorg

Post by benorg »

Can you direct me as to how to change the Display ID?
Jim Harnes

Post by Jim Harnes »

Views\View Group Management\Select your View Group then each view. Change the Display ID for each view as necessary.

Then Preview by clicking the lower left hand corner icon. Click OK when done.

Best,
Jim
benorg

Post by benorg »

Jim Harnes wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 pm Views\View Group Management\Select your View Group then each view. Change the Display ID for each view as necessary.

Then Preview by clicking the lower left hand corner icon. Click OK when done.

Best,
Jim
Jim,

Thank you very much for the help. I will give this a shot and report my findings