Default AC11 Commander problems

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
chumley

Default AC11 Commander problems

Post by chumley »

I am running P3D V4.5.13.32097.

I have just installed on a new PC and am having issues with the above aircraft.

When I load it I cannot get the engine to start either by Ctrl+E, binding a button on my yoke to the start function or by moving the key with the mouse. The mixture control moves with the Ctrl+E command but the engine doesn't turn over.

If I go to the Vehicle tab and reselect the aircraft it starts immediately upon command and will continue to start until I have made a flight when, after landing and switching off the engine via the Mixture control I once again cannot start the engine.

I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this issue.

Also, can someone point out where I can locate the printable manual. The on screen version says it is located in the Carenado folder in the FSX root directory (or something similar)
Martyson

Re: Default AC11 Commander problems

Post by Martyson »

Is your default flight the LM F22 at KVPS?

The AC11 Commander manual is here:
D:\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Carenado\Commander 114
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
chumley

Post by chumley »

Yes it is LMF22 at KVPS.

Thanks for the manual directions.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

chumley wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 am Yes it is LMF22 at KVPS.

Thanks for the manual directions.
You are welcome.

My default flight is also the LM F22 and I am not having the problem you reported.
Best Regards,
RRVyper

Post by RRVyper »

Interesting. I hadn't flown the AC11 in a long time but last night decided to have a look at the VC to see if it was a good candidate for the RXP GTN 750. I loaded the AC11 from the scenario screen at ORBX KFHR and it was not running. I decided to start it up (from memory) but it wouldn't start. Ctrl-E also did not do it. I pulled up the manual within the sim and followed the steps but still no joy. The battery voltage seemed low but not sure if it's accurately modeled in this aircraft. I then reloaded the aircraft from the menu and using Ctrl-E it started right up. Since I don't typically use this aircraft I wonder if it had something to do with a saved state from a previous flight, or if I made a wrong selection when trying to start it from memory and it prevented any further attempts to start. I can't remember if I rebooted the PC after my last flight so perhaps that was a contributing factor. My default flight is the F22 @ KVPS. I'll have another look now that I see someone else has an issue.

Randy
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

From scenario screen, choose AC11 , it loads with the engine running and then shuts down.

CTRL + E starts the engine.

Or.

Advancing the Mixture and then using the Ignition Key will start the engine.
Best Regards,
RRVyper

Post by RRVyper »

I tried it a couple times today and the issue did not reappear. One thing I did notice today was that the aircraft loaded with everything turned ON whereas yesterday, when the issue was present, all radios were OFF when the plane loaded. For me, I suspect it was just a bad initialization, which explains why reloading the aircraft from the menu worked. Hopefully the OP's issue is resolved.

Randy
chumley

Post by chumley »

No idea what the issue was but I have changed my default to the AC11 Commander and it loads with engines running. I switch it off and restart and it turns over.

Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

chumley wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:32 am No idea what the issue was but I have changed my default to the AC11 Commander and it loads with engines running. I switch it off and restart and it turns over.

Thanks
What do you mean by "it turns over"?

Change your default flight to the LM F22 at KVPS.

Reboot your PC.
Start P3D.
Verify the default flight F22 starts with both engines running.

If ok:
Reboot your PC.
From scenario screen, choose AC11 , it should load with the engine running and then shuts down.
CTRL + E starts the engine.
Or.
Advancing the Mixture and then using the Ignition Key will start the engine.

Is it working?
Best Regards,