Reinstallation of P3Dv4.5 after win 10 reinstall

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
kessler

Reinstallation of P3Dv4.5 after win 10 reinstall

Post by kessler »

Hi all,

After suffering a terminal BSOD which I couldn't clear out of, even after using EasyRE recovery software, I have been forced to reinstall Windows 10 64bit Home edition. My P3Dv 4.5 was installed onto a separate drive along with all my addons. I did not get the chance to uninstall P3D. I have reinstalled Windows back onto the C drive where it was originally installed.

Is there a guide that someone can point me to - I believe Poppet wrote one - that will explain how to go about reinstalling P3DV4.5? I did do several searches to find something but to no avail.

Also, with addons such as ORBX, 3dr party airports, adddon aircraft etc - all of which were installed onto my specific Flight Simulator HDD "A" drive - is there any advice on what I must do with these in order to have them working as before?

Many thanks,

Rory
kessler

Re: Reinstallation of P3Dv4.5 after win 10 reinstall

Post by kessler »

Correction, I meant 3rd party and not 3dr !
kessler

Post by kessler »

Anyone? The uninstall/reinstall sticky doesnt help much. Whatever was on my C drive has been wiped following the windows reinstall.

Rory.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

From the time-stamps on your posts, it could look like you're in Europe or the UK.

This is one that requires a L-M reply, I think, so we should let them get to work, US time, after the Thanksgiving weekend.

I would imagine - but this is where we need some L-M support to be sure - that you need to re-install P3D over itself, so to say, in order to get the registry entries etc. in your new Windows installation set up right, but we will certainly need to know what the consequences for your installed add-ons will be.

I would suggest that you start backing the add-ons up, before you do anything else.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
kessler

Post by kessler »

Thanks Jorgen, i am in the UK. I didnt think about thanksgiving.

Rory
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Given that it just was Thanksgiving, a 4-day weekend, they will have a LOT of catching up to do - when I worked tech support in the US, I could have more than 200 emails, plus forum responses and endless telephone calls to deal with after such a long break.

If some of your add-on manufacturers have good tech support, you might also ask them for tips already on what to do here after a full reinstall of P3D, which is where I could believe this is going.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
elmucki

Post by elmucki »

look its simple, send them a support ticket. Thats the only way. We just had a holiday and they are playing catch up. Just be patient.
Windows 11 x64 on a 4TB SSD | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X | TRX40 AORUS Master | 128GB DDR4 3600MHz | 1250W PSU | 2x EVGA RTX 3090 | P3D v5 and MSFS2020 on a 4TB SSD | Custom Corsair Hydro Cooling
kessler

Post by kessler »

Elmucki,

Jorgen has already made the point re thanksgiving!

I will be patient 😉

Rory
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kessler wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:02 pm Hi all,

After suffering a terminal BSOD which I couldn't clear out of, even after using EasyRE recovery software, I have been forced to reinstall Windows 10 64bit Home edition. My P3Dv 4.5 was installed onto a separate drive along with all my addons. I did not get the chance to uninstall P3D. I have reinstalled Windows back onto the C drive where it was originally installed.

Is there a guide that someone can point me to - I believe Poppet wrote one - that will explain how to go about reinstalling P3DV4.5? I did do several searches to find something but to no avail.

Also, with addons such as ORBX, 3dr party airports, adddon aircraft etc - all of which were installed onto my specific Flight Simulator HDD "A" drive - is there any advice on what I must do with these in order to have them working as before?

Many thanks,

Rory
Did Windows ask if you wanted to keep your currently installed software before it installed?

After your reinstall of Windows 10 64bit Home edition :
Did you get any Windows confirmations on what software it Uninstalled or Deleted/removed during its setup?

Did you try to start P3D to see what happens like an error message or whatever?

Do you have a Laptop or Desktop PC?
How old is your PC?
What are your PC specs?
If Desktop PC is it a home built PC or a store Name Brand?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
kessler

Post by kessler »

Hi Vaughan,

When windows booted from the installation disc I was given two choices, either repair or install. The repair option would not work and so I just had to click on install. I wasn't given any notification of what had been uninstalled etc.

Prior to this I had run EasyRE recovery software - which claimed to be able to sort out bluescreen errors - but none of the options on that program would work, and I tried all of them.

After reinstalling Windows, I tried to run P3D but it came up with an error message as it couldn't find it. My C drive has very little installed on it at the moment since the reinstall.

My PC specs :-

Coe i7 7700k
Asus Z97 Prime board
32gb Corsair vengeance DDR4 memory
Samsung 500gb SSD
WD caviar black 2tb HDD
2x RX580 Red Devil GPU's
Corsair 1200AXI PSU
Built by myself 18 months ago.

Cheers,

Rory
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kessler wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:38 pm Hi Vaughan,

When windows booted from the installation disc I was given two choices, either repair or install. The repair option would not work and so I just had to click on install. I wasn't given any notification of what had been uninstalled etc.

Prior to this I had run EasyRE recovery software - which claimed to be able to sort out bluescreen errors - but none of the options on that program would work, and I tried all of them.

After reinstalling Windows, I tried to run P3D but it came up with an error message as it couldn't find it. My C drive has very little installed on it at the moment since the reinstall.

My PC specs :-

Coe i7 7700k
Asus Z97 Prime board
32gb Corsair vengeance DDR4 memory
Samsung 500gb SSD
WD caviar black 2tb HDD
2x RX580 Red Devil GPU's
Corsair 1200AXI PSU
Built by myself 18 months ago.

Cheers,

Rory

Rory,

Ok,
Home built PC 18 months old so probably nothing on warranty support.

Hard to tell if one of your PC components (failed / failing / heat related etc) caused your original problem (crash).

If C drive is ok now you could you could install P3D on C drive.

Or, you could reformat the WD caviar black 2tb HDD and install all your software on it.

If you cannot install P3D on (C) or a newly formatted WD caviar black 2tb HDD you will get an error which may be of the License type which would require a note to LM licensing.
Best Regards,
kessler

Post by kessler »

My P3D and all my addons were/are installed onto my A drive, which is the 2TB HDD. I'm unsure about trying to just reinstall it over the top of whats already on the A drive. I guess I could just try it. I have backed up the A drive to another separate drive but I was hoping to avoid having to reinstall everything.

Rory
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kessler wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 pm My P3D and all my addons were/are installed onto my A drive, which is the 2TB HDD. I'm unsure about trying to just reinstall it over the top of whats already on the A drive. I guess I could just try it. I have backed up the A drive to another separate drive but I was hoping to avoid having to reinstall everything.

Rory
You have a home built PC / custom setup.
Drive a: is normally a floppy drive.

Anyway, you know what is best on your setup.
Best Regards,