[RESOLVED] Since updating to 4.5 HF2 Settings are not saved.

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
machtoo

[RESOLVED] Since updating to 4.5 HF2 Settings are not saved.

Post by machtoo »

Need some guidance to fix this issue. Since upgrading to 4.5 Hotfix 2 any settings I change are reverting to some default. To correct the screen flashing I set HDR off and turn on Vsync with triple buffering. This fixes the display flashing issue. I still have to import my control xml each time I startup or change aircraft as it returns to a default control file.

This is all frustrating. Primary issued is the graphics settings changing every startup. I have checked the p3d.cfg file and it is not read only.

Any clues as to what is going on?
Dean Taunton, PE, Private Pilot
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU
machtoo

Re: Since updating to 4.5 HF2 Settings are not saved.

Post by machtoo »

P.S. The graphics, traffic settings etc return to some default and I have to reset them every startup.
X990 24 Gig ASUS P4S8X-X SOCKET 478 MOTHERBOARD , 2080 RTX Ti Founders (primary) monitor, 980 GTX Ti (second monitor), CP Flight 737 sim hardware, MFG pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR
FDS CDU
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

Really need some support from Lockheed SME on this issue...thanks.
FDS CDU
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello machtoo,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
machtoo

Post by machtoo »

I completely uninstalled P3D and reinstalled 4.5 twice. I added add ons one at a time and tested launch each time. Stay away from anything that did not state P3D V4. All stable and working normally at this point. The only thing I did not install the second time was UTLive which requires a manual edit of the simobjects.cfg and exe.xml. When I did that the first reinstall it crashed at the splash screen. I have seen online where people are running it successfully. Hopefully they will release a native P3D V4 version.
FDS CDU