Black Marble & P3Dv4.5

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
clive6354

Black Marble & P3Dv4.5

Post by clive6354 »

Hello

I have upgraded my Black Marble Night Lighting (Creative Designs) from V1.2 to v1.3 also including Extended Lights. After installation, I am having unexpected issues in respect to loading times of P3D and stuttering. In order to eliminate possible causes are you aware of anything within P3D that may be creating the issues I am experiencing when loading Black Marble?

Clive Alexander
AlphaTech

Re: Black Marble & P3Dv4.5

Post by AlphaTech »

Hi Clive

Yes - you're not alone. I have this as well, with really bad stuttering. Chris Bell keeps telling me that it's normal P3D behaviour but I never had this issue before BM was installed.

Did you ever get a fix worked out? I've tried nearly everything, and I'm at a stage now where I am going to have to uninstall £150 worth of software because of stutters!

Paul
Spencer Nelson

Post by Spencer Nelson »

Hello,

Could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
Spencer
AlphaTech

Post by AlphaTech »

Spencer

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I have tried these debugging steps on several occasion with Black Marble and the same issue is reproduced every time. The developer is adament that this IS a Prepar3D issue.

Heres the link to the developers discussion: You'll need to sign up. -UK Wide

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/top ... g-the-day/

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Paul
Spencer Nelson

Post by Spencer Nelson »

Hey,

During the debug steps listed above, did you experience the issues before reactivating the Black Marble add-on?

Thanks,
Spencer
AlphaTech

Post by AlphaTech »

Hi Spencer

No - I did not. The issues only start when BM and Extended Light are installed.

Regards
Paul
MyPC8MyBrain

Post by MyPC8MyBrain »

Hi Spencer,
do you have access to Beta segment on here?

this was reported by us in beta and currently is a pending bug!
you should be able to locate at least 3 separate threads reporting this issue,

its only appropriate as a MOD here to go the extra mile to research on behalf of your minions to the best of your ability to make sure you are not ill advising or further complicating their situation!

when a customer comes here saying we sent him over; this should be considered with proper wight,

ATB
Chris
Chris Bell
Creative Design Studios

Support forums: https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/
MyPC8MyBrain

Post by MyPC8MyBrain »

@ Paul
Clive never had issue with upgrading, he had something else going he just thought it was related!
(his issues was resolved!) atm he is happily running v1.3,
you should also note atm you are insisting on pushing your platform! (which is fine!)
the case is not specific to BM ELP, its with library objects elements in use which is where the issue is globally!
BM ELP just as Night Environment heavily dependent on library objects functioning to spec,
library object functionality is currently broken for everyone not specific to BM ELP.
Chris Bell
Creative Design Studios

AlphaTech

Post by AlphaTech »

@Chris

Thank you - and whilst that might be true - all I want is Bm & EL to function without stutters. I am not pushing my system in any way.

@Spencer

Please advise if Lockheed Martin knows about this issue and if there is an expected time-frame to deal with this.

There are several users of BM & EL that are experiencing this issues and as you can see Chris is adament, this is not a problem for him.

Paul
MyPC8MyBrain

Post by MyPC8MyBrain »

i am aware Paul,
you efforts are endearing and we appreciate it!

i doubt Spencer will be able to disclose specific information from beta segment beyond conveying an issue been reported,
my plead to Spencer was to have a look in beta segment for issues prior to avoid unnecessary troubleshooting,
especially in situations where a customer is urged to report a bug by support directly,

ATB
Chris
Chris Bell
Creative Design Studios

reeddennisa

Post by reeddennisa »

Having same issues with Black Marble. On my system, this seems to have just started after 4.5 and has not been resolved with the 2 Hot Fixes. From what I see, it appears to be happening when scenery is loading, and occurs randomly at both Flight Levels and on approaches. FPS seems to be reasonable, I've tried both limiting and unlimited with no change in performance. This is not causing a CTD but makes the flight sim unusable - or at very least extremely frustrating.

Yes, I have followed debugging steps. Yes, I have contacted developer.

CPU is i7-4790 @ 4Ghz 64G memory and GTX 1080Ti card. Don't believe I'm pushing system, in monitoring task manager during flights the system is NOT maxing out CPU, Memory, or GPU.

Any help from either party would be greatly appreciated. Both P3d and BM are great products, and it would be a shame not to use. I have confidence in both developers being able to work this out - I do NOT want to convert to X-Plane.

Dennis
AlphaTech

Post by AlphaTech »

Lockheed Martin Team;

Can we get a response about this bug and some comment about the increasing amount of users having ussues due to library objects as Chris Bell describes?

Regards
Paul
AlphaTech

Post by AlphaTech »

Lockheed Martin

Please don't ignore this. I appreciate this may not be on your radar for fixing, but there are hundreds of people using Black Marble with a massive issue that needs to be addressed.

Please, just some feedback about the status of this.

Paul
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Paul,

I am taking the liberty in copying something you posted early in this thread:

"but I never had this issue before BM was installed"

and later, Spencer from L-M asks you this:

"During the debug steps listed above, did you experience the issues before reactivating the Black Marble add-on?"

and you reply:

"No - I did not. The issues only start when BM and Extended Light are installed."

This all boils down to: Black Marble Issue. End of story. Case closed.

[EDITED TO ADHERE TO USER AGREEMENT]

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
MyPC8MyBrain

Post by MyPC8MyBrain »

Spencer!
It’s clear you are adamant with your edits to send a message,
let me explain a simple fact that seem to elude you…

the guys here have way more experience than you when it comes to fiddling with their sim’s!
they don’t need you to tell them to uninstall and based on that conclude that’s the problem,
any kid in kindergarten can jump to that conclusion,

with your edits you are suggesting again using another person’s edited content that it’s our fault instead of doing your job which include doing your homework, instead you continue ill advising LM and our customers with your subjective opinion!
that’s after I chimed in on here and devised you in private to do some homework,

This was forwarded directly to Adam to deal with at his discussions!
Chris Bell
Creative Design Studios