FSDreamTeam JFK V2 cannot add to scenery

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Terencej

FSDreamTeam JFK V2 cannot add to scenery

Post by Terencej »

I just purchased KJFK V2 from FSDreamTeam but after the installation i found that the addon was in the addon manager and stating "ACTIVE" but not installed in scenery library, FSDreamTeam says its not there fault as it has been installed on my computer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
TerenceJ
Simbol

Re: FSDreamTeam JFK V2 cannot add to scenery

Post by Simbol »

Not sure if I understand you..

if it is listed on add-on manager and "Active" surely it should be working, what happens if you load your airplane inside KJFK?

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
downscc

Post by downscc »

The FSDT installers use the recommend addon install steps in the SDK, and I've never had a problem installing any of their products. It is not installed via the scenery library (scenery.cfg); rather they use the add-on.xml auto discovery method. Read more about this in the Learning Center.

Alternatively, if you don't want to take the time to figure this out I recommend you use the Lorby Addon Organizer.
Dan Downs
KCRP
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

If FSDT installs it using the xml method, that would explain why Terence doesn't see it in the scenery library.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:04 pm If FSDT installs it using the xml method, that would explain why Terence doesn't see it in the scenery library.

Jorgen
Indeed, in hence why I am asking him to load his airplane at this location and confirm if he sees the desired airport working.

S.
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com