Scenery LIbrary problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
freded

Scenery LIbrary problem

Post by freded »

Running P3Dv4.5 on Windows 7-64 bit.

Recently noticed that in Scenery Library, nearly all added sceneries have their Enable entry greyed-out. This means I cannot alter the order of sceneries, except for one I installed and those in P3D's Scenery folder that are not greyed-out.

Why is this? It was not the case when I first installed v4.5... Is this some sort of 'feature' of P3D or is it caused by added sceneries?

Perplexed!
Regards,
Mark
IanHarr

Re: Scenery LIbrary problem

Post by IanHarr »

It is scenery added by the xml method.
You can't touch them unless you use Lorby's addon manager.
downscc

Post by downscc »

IanHarr wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 am It is scenery added by the xml method.
You can't touch them unless you use Lorby's addon manager.
That is very misleading; of course one may modify components installed with the add-on.xml method. It is all explained in very easy to understand way in the Learning Center. the LOA does allow one to manipulate the addons without any knowledge of what they are doing but when something doesn't work that knowledge can be very helpful.
Dan Downs
KCRP
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Just make sure that the editor used in dealing with any of the xml files is Notepad++.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
downscc

Post by downscc »

JorgenSA wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:11 pm Just make sure that the editor used in dealing with any of the xml files is Notepad++.

Jorgen
Or virtually any text editor other than the default Notepad. I'm using Edit Pad Pro 7 and am very happy with it.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

From Dan :
" I'm using Edit Pad Pro 7 and am very happy with it."

+1
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)