Cold and Dark Mode, unless scenario chages it to "started" state

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Spry_3114

Cold and Dark Mode, unless scenario chages it to "started" state

Post by Spry_3114 »

I am very surprised none of the aircraft can load up in cold and dark mode, meaning engine off along with everything else. This is very important feature because you can get an idea of the startup procedure for that specific aircraft. Flight Simulator X never had this but there was a simple modification in the FLT file which made it possible. I don't know about Prepar3D tho, I haven't found anything like this.
MikeB54

Re: Cold and Dark Mode, unless scenario chages it to "started" state

Post by MikeB54 »

Start a flight in the aircraft you want cold and dark then run through the shutdown procedure. Once everything is shut off, save the scenario. Next time you fly it, it will be in the cold and dark state you are looking for.
Spry_3114

Post by Spry_3114 »

I can't support you solution because it makes the simulator completely out of place. If I am not mistaken, most of the default aircraft do not have a complex startup process as I have experienced this with some payware products (aircraft) so we might as well try to learn from the basic simulation models but shutting them down and back up again doesn't seem right. Most complex payware aircraft that range in the price range of 60+ do have by default cold and dark state as well as a checklist for startup, shutdown, taxi, cruise, landing. None of the default aircraft have any checklists btw. That should be looked into as well.
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

Maybe it needs something like a Prepar3D API or exit point where addon developers could set an entry point to an aircraft routine that's callable for "dark & cold", so the developer could reset all his whistles and bells. That implies a routine made by the aircraft developer.

Regarding the manual shutdown and saving the session, I had problems in the past with the reloading it, especially in some addon aircrafts.

Another way may be a FSUIPC LUA script set to an unused function that resets the aircraft. LUA scripts can be made aircraft-specific...but it would be much work and no option for a pilot without programming knowledge.