AI Traffic Add-On

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Martyson

Re: AI Traffic Add-On

Post by Martyson »

I have tried Radar Contact, MyTraffic v5 and v6 , VOXatc, and UT Live (in their FSX/P3D versions).
I have not used any of them in a long time now.
Based on the comments here I may give AIG a try after it has finished testing and is released.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Martyson wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 am I have tried Radar Contact, MyTraffic v5 and v6 , VOXatc, and UT Live (in their FSX/P3D versions).
Based on the comments here I may give AIG a try after it has finished testing and is released.
AIG is available now. It's an ongoing project with updated schedules released every few months. I also use Radar Contact and can tell you you're in for a treat. Doesn't matter where in the world you are there's always traffic. I bought UT Live in Jan and have disabled it.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ray Proudfoot wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 am
Martyson wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 am I have tried Radar Contact, MyTraffic v5 and v6 , VOXatc, and UT Live (in their FSX/P3D versions).
AIG is available now. It's an ongoing project with updated schedules released every few months. I also use Radar Contact and can tell you you're in for a treat. Doesn't matter where in the world you are there's always traffic. I bought UT Live in Jan and have disabled it.
AIG site:
"IMPORTANT: AIG AI Manager is still in a BETA phase and could contain some bugs"
I will wait and possibly try it after it has finished testing and is released.

Radar Contact is no longer being updated by the developer, correct?
Best Regards,
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

@Martyson, delay if you wish but I’ve had no problems. RC4 was released in 2006. There hasn’t been any further versions but it still works in FSX and P3D.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
IanHarr

Post by IanHarr »

After all the good comments, I gave this a try.
What a rigmarole to register on their site!

I just don't understand this program. I tried to get it to work but nothing appears to happen and I see no planes.
I think I will stick to Traffic Global which at least populates my airports automatically without having to be tweaked each time.

As I said, probably just me.
francescodoenz

Post by francescodoenz »

Well, I tested AI live traffic, ULT, Traffic Global, AIG, My traffic in the past, and now I think I found at least for me the definitive combo, PSXseeconTraffic combined with FLAI, it's the only combination which gives me instantly the real traffic going on at a given airport, spot on, even if there are unexpected delays in the real world...
MSI MEG Z390 Godlike, 9700K, 2xRTX2080TI NVlink, 16GB G.Skill DDR4-4600, 2xAlphacool Eiswand, Coolermaster HAF-X
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

IanHarr wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:31 am After all the good comments, I gave this a try.
What a rigmarole to register on their site!

I just don't understand this program. I tried to get it to work but nothing appears to happen and I see no planes.
I think I will stick to Traffic Global which at least populates my airports automatically without having to be tweaked each time.

As I said, probably just me.
Ian, I didn’t encounter any problems registering. Have you followed the tutorial included in the download? That makes it easy to install. Remember to install to a folder outside P3D.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

IanHarr

Post by IanHarr »

Ray,
By rigmarole I meant that the site is not user friendly: there is no indication at all of where the download is. It took me about 10 minutes to find it hidden in the forum page. Then I had to register and answer some silly questions after fighting past screens of Capcha pictures. Not exactly welcoming.
I found the tutorial but it talks about One click installer. I started to read it but it all seems a lot of effort, which doesn't "grab me".
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Ian, stick with it, the effort is worthwhile. Once you have the list of available airlines I suggest you just install just British Airways. I don’t remember the exacts steps but following the tutorial was not too difficult,

It will create an add-on entry which P3D v4 should load automatically. Locate to T5, Heathrow and you should see lots of BA Ai. If you do then the process has worked. It does take a while to install all 300+ airlines but that’s as difficult as it gets.

More time consuming than anything. It helps if you have a login to AvSim Library and flightsim.com saved as the OCI will automatically login to those sites to download the minority of aircraft that are held at those locations. Click on the Multiple option to download and install multiple airlines. It is pretty painless and the models look superb. The 737-800 looks as good as the PMDG738.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

pmb

Post by pmb »

francescodoenz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:23 pm Well, I tested AI live traffic, ULT, Traffic Global, AIG, My traffic in the past, and now I think I found at least for me the definitive combo, PSXseeconTraffic combined with FLAI, it's the only combination which gives me instantly the real traffic going on at a given airport, spot on, even if there are unexpected delays in the real world...
And which in the latest beta even provides time-delayed real-world traffic, i.e., you can activate traffic up to 24 hrs ago when simming in Europe at night where the sky is sparsely populated.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

francescodoenz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:23 pm Well, I tested AI live traffic, ULT, Traffic Global, AIG, My traffic in the past, and now I think I found at least for me the definitive combo, PSXseeconTraffic combined with FLAI, it's the only combination which gives me instantly the real traffic going on at a given airport, spot on, even if there are unexpected delays in the real world...
Sounds good.
I will have to read up on PSXseeconTraffic.
Best Regards,
nigelgrant

Post by nigelgrant »

Hi Ray

Pleased to hear you are still around, I remember your contributions to various forums several decades ago, thoughtful and knowledgeable; you were quite a guru (in those days only or still?).

I stumbled across this message string and did not realize that Alpha India had made such strides in developing AI traffic. I had been using a lot of WOAI traffic and was disappointed when P3D4 appeared, that many of the aircraft were no longer compatible, and it was too much “trackle” to try and convert things to work.

So I moved to MyTraffic which is pretty good but the aircraft graphics did not match WOAI planes. Now the Alpha India aircraft are right up there and following you instructions, I have installed many ot the airlines I am interested in. A very easy and straightforward installation although somewhat time consuming.

Thank you for your contributions to flight simming. Incidentally, I have created a flightsim club at the West Vancouver Seniors Centre and I posted a message about it over on the ORBx and Majestic forums - I am the one in the red shirt. Many of the developers have been exceedingly generous in allowing me to install my purchased software in the club’s computer – so we have a very attractive setup.

http://click.mailsender05.com/web_files ... -5_WEB.pdf

Nigel
Vancouver
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Hello Nigel,
Thank you for those nice words. Retired from government service since 2013 and really enjoying all the time I now have to enjoy my favourite hobby! I'm still as enthusiastic about flight sim now as in years gone by. I treated myself to a new computer which really does make P3D v4 very enjoyable to use.

I had heard about the AIG group some while back but was put off because there seemed to be a lot of work involved to get it installed. So I went with commercial packages - first MyTraffic6 and then in January, UT Live. But whilst the UTL models were a big improvement over MT6 the sheer number of airlines wasn't great outside the US and Europe. So after Pete Dowson recommended it I spent a couple of days downloading and installing AIG OCI. The one-click option really does make it much easier and the results are spectacular. And it's also kept up to date with the work of all the supporters.

I too visit a monthly FS meeting and our members are a similar age to yours! It's a great way to swap ideas and learn new things. I used to take my own computer and fly Concorde - the only one in our group who did. I just love that aircraft and am patiently waiting for FS Labs to produce the 64-bit version.

My claim to fame is I may be the only person who has flown Concorde at a meeting in the hangar at Manchester where G-BOAC is located. My desk was under the right wing! Marvellous! I hope you continue to enjoy P3D and flight simming in general.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

lzaragoz

Post by lzaragoz »

AI Live traffic is a good and cheaper option than PSXseccontraffic as it requires a license from RealTraffic to work and it is expensive.
AILive traffic crowds my departure and arrival airport with real flights only, think of it as an AIG package updated daily! , this way you can spot actual airlines as in the real aiport (I do crosscheck the planes I see with flightaware and fligtradar24 and all match, not in the exact position like with RealTraffic, but close enough.
I use it with the FLAI library (free) but you can use any freeware and payware model available in the web.
Give it a shot, there is a free trial at www.ailivetraffic.com
TomazDrnovsek

Post by TomazDrnovsek »

Any opinions on Traffic Global? I'm also looking for traffic addon but don't want another thing to set up, update all the time, mess with... I just want to install the addon, set traffic levels and fly... and waste as little FPS on traffic as possible.