Extreme number of errors in ContentErrors.txt

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
CajunRon

Extreme number of errors in ContentErrors.txt

Post by CajunRon »

I have 999 errors being reported in the "ContentErrors.txt" file for P3DV4.5. I expect there would be more listed but expect that the file is limited to three digit error numbers [error.999].

I have two questions.

1) Is 999+ errors normal?

2) Can all of these to be ignored? In other words can I safely assume that none of the 999+ errors are causing any performance issues when I run P3D V4.5?
MikeB54

Re: Extreme number of errors in ContentErrors.txt

Post by MikeB54 »

Is it normal? No. Is it harmful? Again, the general consensus is also no. Depending on what's it the log you might be able to track down what's causing the log entries. The are usually caused by 3rd party add ons. That log exists for diagnostic purposes. If everything appears to be working normally on your system your best bet is to turn content logging off.

Mike
downscc

Post by downscc »

Agree, use the error reports only if you are a developer unless you are troubleshooting a specific issue.
Dan Downs
KCRP
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

from the SDK...

As a Prepar3D Solution Developer, it is essential to turn Content Error Reporting on while developing add-on content as every error or invalid implementation in content can slow down the overall program. Content errors can have a cascading effect, as in most programming, and even cause correct implementations to fail in practice.

"can slow down the overall program" and we keep buying from these developers...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB