AI Traffic Add-On

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
dookster49

AI Traffic Add-On

Post by dookster49 »

Hi, planning to add traffic software to my sim. What do you use, what do you recommend? Looking for high-end realism. Thanks!

Larry D
Kaiii3

Re: AI Traffic Add-On

Post by Kaiii3 »

the best freeware option currently seems to be AIG AI Manager with OCI. Over at AVSIM many users are very happy with the tool and have moved from payware products to AIG AI Manager.

URL: www.alpha-india.net
HankyPanky

Post by HankyPanky »

Author promotes it's own software :-)

But the AIG OCI manager is a good product, but still in development and a 0.9xx release.
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM
dookster49

Post by dookster49 »

This is not a secure website, and the link will not download on my computer due to a Trojan virus contained within. Interested in any reply you care to post. Thanks!

Larry D
HankyPanky

Post by HankyPanky »

No no, the website is clean as is the software. Apart from several bugs and other little things. He is not a software programmer, but a hobbyist.

But there are no virusses or other things that would harm your system.
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

HankyPanky wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:55 am Author promotes it's own software :-)

But the AIG OCI manager is a good product, but still in development and a 0.9xx release.
hehe, thats the reason I wrote "Over at AVSIM many users are very happy with the tool".
dookster49 wrote: This is not a secure website, and the link will not download on my computer due to a Trojan virus contained within. Interested in any reply you care to post. Thanks!

Larry D
https://www.alpha-india.net/ - i just haven't add the "https" to the url. Regarding the Trojan, it is the first time someone has reported that the tool is getting flaged by an antivirus-software
dookster49

Post by dookster49 »

Thanks for the follow-up. So, should I just install the 0.8 version with the OCI until all bugs are worked out in the newer 0.9 version?

Larry D
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

0.9 contains many bug fixes for 0.8. And AIM has an autoupdater so you will get 0.9 anyway. At the moment there are no reports of major bugs when using OCI so you should be fine :)
dookster49

Post by dookster49 »

OK, so I tried the install again, but my computer once again flagged a “Trojan.exe” virus, so something is amiss with that software! Can’t risk that kind of destructive issue on my computer.

Larry D
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

can you send me the Name of the Tool as well as the message via PN. Nobody of our users has reported something like that before
Jim Harnes

Post by Jim Harnes »

That is most likely a "false positive" resulting from an overly aggressive antivirus program. I'm used the AIG installer and there are no issues about "infection".

Best,
Jim Harnes
newtie

Post by newtie »

HankyPanky wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:55 am Author promotes it's own software :-)

I have no problem with that.

Program is excellent. Support is excellent.

Why these talented people don't charge something for this escapes me.

But, it is what it is.

Cheers,
Mark
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

newtie wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:38 pm
Because AIG has ever been a freeware team ;) And keeping it freeware is making many things easier for us
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

newtie wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Cheers,
Mark
That’s the difference between hobbyists and those who are looking for a return on their skills. I installed AIG a couple of months ago and I’ve now disabled UT Live which I only bought in January. Whilst they don’t charge I made a contribution because their servers need funding. I’m delighted with AIG, one if the best addons I’ve ever had.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Ray Proudfoot wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:20 pm I’m delighted with AIG, one if the best addons I’ve ever had.
Absolutely agree with that. I used MyTraffic Professional 6 before, which I had fixed. But now I only have AIG, ORBX and some home made traffic. The traffic density is like before but better models. I also have a sound package for AI traffic I bought some time ago. It was some work to adapt it, but it was worth it.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods