Micro Stutters With Good FPS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
POLETO

Micro Stutters With Good FPS

Post by POLETO »

I have a pretty good system (I7 8700k to 4.7GHZ and RTX 2070 8GB) i get with the FSlabs (for example) around 30FPS in VC and about 50 in outside view. What bothers me is that when i'm panning around with the mouse using ChasePlane i notice that the movement is not smooth in fact it micro stutters. Even though the FPS remain around 28/30 in VC.

Is there some settings i should play with that particularly effects this? Lowering the graphic settings does not seem to help that much. Just a tiny bit but really not much.

Are there some CPU settings in the BIOS that are particulary important for better performance with P3D. I notice that in flight CPU usage is pretty high even reaching 100% at times.

Thanks
JorgenSA

Re: Micro Stutters With Good FPS

Post by JorgenSA »

In your case I would limit the FPS in Prepar3D.cfg to 25 and see if that improves things.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

And over breakfast I remembered that I should have told you to upgrade the BIOS level to the latest if you don't have the latest. When I did that on my own Z170-A motherboard I got a noticable performance improvement, not only in FSX and P3D.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
POLETO

Post by POLETO »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:35 am And over breakfast I remembered that I should have told you to upgrade the BIOS level to the latest if you don't have the latest. When I did that on my own Z170-A motherboard I got a noticable performance improvement, not only in FSX and P3D.

Jorgen
Any thoughts about Hyper Threading? I tried it OFF and it seems to imporve the situation a bit.

I red a lot about Affinity Masks but it seems a deep deep jungle to me, in the sense that it seems pretty difficult to get improvements and to find the right setting
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Try to look at the thread "To Hyperthread or not to Hyperthread" earlier in this august forum, where this is discussed.

I haven't had the chance yet to test yet, can only do so after the weekend (out of town).

Jorgen

ducaud

Post by ducaud »

Hello
Any news on this since May? I am also getting the micro stutters, or tearing or ghosting while panning.
I have enabled and disabled Hyper Treading but there is not much of change.
Regards

Juan
downscc

Post by downscc »

Do you have the same problems with tearing if you don't use chaseplane?

I also have an 8700K with 1080Ti SLI and I never have such issues, never had them with the old 4790K either. I also refuse to use stuff like chaseplane but that is my prejudice against turning the flight simulator into an arcade game.
Dan Downs
KCRP
ppo

Post by ppo »

Micro Stutters with good fps.

That is exactly the problem I had recently after a full upgrade: Win7 to Win10, CPU, MB and Video.

Took a while before finding the solution: tried the usual diagnostics like new p3d.cfg, delete shaders, video drivers changes, etc... All to no avail.

Then I read in a thread at Avsim, that you could try to check "Disable fulscreen optimizations"
That line alone corrected my problem.
YMMV
Cheers
tasso1988

Post by tasso1988 »

Hello, I am using EZCA v3 but maybe this will be also useful for Chaseplane if it has a similar option - I have reduced panning stutters by 99.9% by disabling "hide cursor when middle button is pressed" in general settings of EZCA. If I enable it the stutter when panning would immediately return.
ppo

Post by ppo »

Also, you might try to delete your shaders.
szcsongor

Post by szcsongor »

downscc wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:24 pm Do you have the same problems with tearing if you don't use chaseplane?

I also have an 8700K with 1080Ti SLI and I never have such issues, never had them with the old 4790K either. I also refuse to use stuff like chaseplane but that is my prejudice against turning the flight simulator into an arcade game.
Sorry to be a bit off topic, but why on Earth do you think Chaseplane will make an arcade game of your sim? :)
I use it and it greatly enhances the immersion by enabling views otherwise hard to get using the built-in method in the sim. You don't lose realism by setting up a view toward (otherwise hard to see) intruments in VC or a view that your GoPro would see if you used it in your real flying.