Invisible Object during Flare

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Martyson

Re: Invisible Object during Flare

Post by Martyson »

PMDG747-8-KSFO-ILS28L-Gear-up-no-wall-smooth-landing-called-an-emergency-need-runway-foamed

LANDIII Autoland

Had to use the 28 for emergency .. AI's are departing on the 1's (last couple screenshots).

Flare [check the nose up pitch] and rollout looked, ok ?.
Radio altimeter = 0 [good RA calibration!].

P3Dv4.5 HF1 (Client/Content/SDK).

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Martyson wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:55 am PMDG747-8-KSFO-ILS28L-Gear-up-no-wall-smooth-landing-called-an-emergency-need-runway-foamed

LANDIII Autoland

Had to use the 28 for emergency .. AI's are departing on the 1's (last couple screenshots).

Flare [check the nose up pitch] and rollout looked, ok ?.
Radio altimeter = 0 [good RA calibration!].

P3Dv4.5 HF1 (Client/Content/SDK).

(Images Pruned)
I think the passengers would prefer having a smooth scraping landing versus getting whiplash and broken necks due to what can only be described in comparison to reality as "terrain shear?".

Perhaps we should convince Lockheed Martin and P3D to implement a terrain shear alert into the simulator!

Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

As a further quick test:
Single engine prop at low altitude during the KSFO 28L approach and no problems with the approach (no wall problem) or landing.

Best Regards,
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Martyson wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:38 pm As a further quick test:
Single engine prop at low altitude during the KSFO 28L approach and no problems with the approach (no wall problem) or landing.

(Images Pruned)
Interesting. It would certainly appear that 737 and smaller aircraft are not affected.

Also, I googled a picture for the (real) SFO 28R/L sea wall.

It appear that not even Flightbeam HD SFO (this is your addon right?) has modeled the sea-wall "exactly". Perhaps the rocks would be a little poly intensive, however; the texture isn't there and the terrain slope almost certainly seems to be too steep.

Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@increasrvs,
"Interesting. It would certainly appear that 737 and smaller aircraft are not affected. "

Have you tested various aircraft?
Best Regards,
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Martyson wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:55 pm @increasrvs,
"Interesting. It would certainly appear that 737 and smaller aircraft are not affected. "

Have you tested various aircraft?
The F-22 has no issue, even flying 3/4 PAPIs. I have not tried any GA aircraft however. The only payware aircraft I have for P3D is the 747.

---

The 747 with the 19M terrain resolution has no issues; again, I wonder if the size of the 747 has any effect.

The tail height is 19M as well. However, this has occurred with 19M> resolution with the smaller C-130 as well.

Regards,
TheFl4me

Post by TheFl4me »

I have just tried this again with the qualitywings 787 and it also collides with the wall so its not just a PMDG bug. It would seem that default p3d aircraft arent affected though which is strange.

I would like to test the FSLABS a320 but i cant atm since it isnt yet compatible the newest p3d hotfix that was released, maybe someone here who still has the previous p3d v4.5 installed could try it?

I also dont think this thread is going to make any kind of progress unless we get someone who has actual insight in the code such as a staff member from p3d (like thats gonna happen) or from pmdg or QW...

EDIT:

Ok something interesting just happened, as previously mentioned the pmdg 777 is also affected HOWEVER during takeoff rotation I had a Tailstrike (which in the pmdg 777 is actually modeled and you will get a warning and bulk head blowout etc) but since I was only testing this bug I ignored it and just turned downwind/base etc. To my surprise this time I managed to do the approach/touch and goes multiple times without any issues (?!). After that I immediately restarted the sim and tried again but this time without tailstrike and as usual my 777 hit the wall again on approach. This has just confused me even more o_O
Tristan Hancock
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

TheFl4me wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am I have just tried this again with the qualitywings 787 and it also collides with the wall so its not just a PMDG bug. It would seem that default p3d aircraft arent affected though which is strange.

I would like to test the FSLABS a320 but i cant atm since it isnt yet compatible the newest p3d hotfix that was released, maybe someone here who still has the previous p3d v4.5 installed could try it?

I also dont think this thread is going to make any kind of progress unless we get someone who has actual insight in the code such as a staff member from p3d (like thats gonna happen) or from pmdg or QW...

EDIT:

Ok something interesting just happened, as previously mentioned the pmdg 777 is also affected HOWEVER during takeoff rotation I had a Tailstrike (which in the pmdg 777 is actually modeled and you will get a warning and bulk head blowout etc) but since I was only testing this bug I ignored it and just turned downwind/base etc. To my surprise this time I managed to do the approach/touch and goes multiple times without any issues (?!). After that I immediately restarted the sim and tried again but this time without tailstrike and as usual my 777 hit the wall again on approach. This has just confused me even more o_O
Now, would you like me to add the flurry of confusion? :)

I tried this in the default Coast Guard C-130 and I hit the wall on the approach. I think the C130 is the biggest default aircraft, it just so happens that the majority of P3D default aircraft are extremely small.

Now, I have 4 Orbx products: Base, NorCal, Vector, and Open LC NA. When I disable NorCal I never hit the wall! I have an active troubleshooting thread on the Orbx forums, here is the link if you have an account: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/172 ... flictions/

However, when Orbx NorCal is disabled the grass bleeds through the runways, almost like the airport and ground beneath it are at different elevations... Runways cannot be curved (in P3D), right? Thus the textures going through the ground? I do not know if there is any truth to my hypothesis.

But this happens in the base game as well correct? Perhaps one of the Orbx products fixes it, it just so happens that NorCal over-rides it back to default when enabled.

Here is the video I made for troubling with one of their members, Orbx NorCal disabled: https://vimeo.com/336492087

Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Is orbx testing with PMDG747 Autoland, on glide slope (not above) ?
Best Regards,
TheFl4me

Post by TheFl4me »

IncreaseVS wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:16 am
TheFl4me wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am I have just tried this again with the qualitywings 787 and it also collides with the wall so its not just a PMDG bug. It would seem that default p3d aircraft arent affected though which is strange.

EDIT:

I tried this in the default Coast Guard C-130 and I hit the wall on the approach. I think the C130 is the biggest default aircraft, it just so happens that the majority of P3D default aircraft are extremely small.

Now, I have 4 Orbx products: Base, NorCal, Vector, and Open LC NA. When I disable NorCal I never hit the wall! I have an active troubleshooting thread on the Orbx forums, here is the link if you have an account: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/172 ... flictions/

However, when Orbx NorCal is disabled the grass bleeds through the runways, almost like the airport and ground beneath it are at different elevations... Runways cannot be curved (in P3D), right? Thus the textures going through the ground? I do not know if there is any truth to my hypothesis.

But this happens in the base game as well correct? Perhaps one of the Orbx products fixes it, it just so happens that NorCal over-rides it back to default when enabled.

Here is the video I made for troubling with one of their members, Orbx NorCal disabled: https://vimeo.com/336492087

Regards,
That is interesting. Because I can 100% confirm that this happend to me waaay before I purchased any ORBX products, However when I bought them I bought them all together. So there never was a time where I had certain orbx products enabled and others disabled. Ill try and test that now, will edit once done.

EDIT:

How exactly did you disable norcal? did you simply uninstall it or disable it in the scenery library? Because I simply disabled it in the scenery library and I still ecounter the bug.
Tristan Hancock
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

TheFl4me wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:00 pm
IncreaseVS wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:16 am

EDIT:

Regards,
That is interesting. Because I can 100% confirm that this happend to me waaay before I purchased any ORBX products, However when I bought them I bought them all together. So there never was a time where I had certain orbx products enabled and others disabled. Ill try and test that now, will edit once done.

EDIT:

How exactly did you disable norcal? did you simply uninstall it or disable it in the scenery library? Because I simply disabled it in the scenery library and I still ecounter the bug.
Hello TheFl4me,

I don't remove it from the scenery library, here is what I do:

If the resized image is too small, here is the original link https://i.imgur.com/XpGxaJt.jpg

Regards