Scripted textures still not rendering correctly

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
topswissalex

Scripted textures still not rendering correctly

Post by topswissalex »

Hello everyone,

I would like to report a bug still persisting with Prepar3d v4.5. It was previously reported in 4.4 and the OP of this thread explains it better than I would possibly do so please refer to it : http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=132457)

The change log states "Fixed issue that caused scripted textures to not refresh correctly.", unfortunately that doesn't seem to be resolved. The FSLabs (A320 and A319) windshields effects (rain for instance) are still what we can call "hit and miss", they are not always correctly rendered and are clipping. The ACP audio lights are sometimes displayed and sometimes not.

It's my understanding that you will be releasing a hotfix in the next weeks, could this be looked at and hopefully fixed by then ?

Thank you very much for your attention,
Alex.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Scripted textures still not rendering correctly

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Alex,

Have you reported this issue to FSLabs?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
MediocreGorilla

Post by MediocreGorilla »

Hi Rob,

OP of the post mentioned by Alex and betatester at FSLabs here.
FSL devs are aware of the issue and tried fixing it since the release of P3D v4.4. So far they couldn't find anything wrong in their implementation of the effects since it's been working flawlessly in 4.3 and is also working on loadup in 4.4 and 4.5.

Also we found some kind of workaround completely preventing the issue to raise during a sim session:
If the affected textures show up at least once shortly after sim loadup, they would not bug for the whole session. This goes for windshield effects and ACP knob lighting.

Of course the devs don't insist on not being the source, but they would conclude that with the information available to them.

A direct contact to the devs could possibly be the best to figure this out. I suppose contacts have been made already, but I'm happy to get people together if neccessary. Just let me know.

Thanks a lot and kind regards
Johannes
lkalam

Post by lkalam »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:54 pm Hi Alex,

Have you reported this issue to FSLabs?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hi Rob-

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue.
Lefteris Kalamaras
Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.
---------------------------
www.flightsimlabs.com
lkalam

Post by lkalam »

Hello again Rob,

I would be very eager to hear back from you regarding my earlier PM, as it would allow us to further ensure that our customers will not be facing this issue in the future. Please let me know if you got that PM and whether we can assist you further by providing deeper details.

Thank you!
Lefteris Kalamaras
Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.
www.flightsimlabs.com
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Lefteris,

Are you using material scripting for the windshield effect textures? Did this issue happen in versions prior to v4.4?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
MachTwo

Post by MachTwo »

Hi Rob,

Yes - material scripts for the windshield textures. This issue was introduced with P3D v4.4 - it was not an issue on P3D v4.3.
Andrew Wilson
Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.
www.flightsimlabs.com
sw34669

Post by sw34669 »

also have this . saving the scenario and re-loading brings the rain layer back.
Starting a flight with rain will mean rain later in the flight will be visible, if no rain at start of flight then rain on approach may or may not show. If it doesnt show on approach saving and re-loading sceanrio will fix it.
thx
ejawhary

Post by ejawhary »

Just wondering, has this been fixed in 4.5.12.30293? Thanks
MediocreGorilla

Post by MediocreGorilla »

ejawhary wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm Just wondering, has this been fixed in 4.5.12.30293? Thanks
Negative, no changes have been made in that regard.
Guenseli

Post by Guenseli »

sw34669 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:38 pm also have this . saving the scenario and re-loading brings the rain layer back.
Starting a flight with rain will mean rain later in the flight will be visible, if no rain at start of flight then rain on approach may or may not show. If it doesnt show on approach saving and re-loading sceanrio will fix it.
thx

+1

same issue also with A2A planes
Paul Squire

Post by Paul Squire »

I also have this issue as do all other FSLabs users, please prioritise the fix urgently so that we can enjoy the amazing immersion this brings to all, especially those who fly in often wet locations!

Regards
Paul
ejawhary

Post by ejawhary »

Paul Squire wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 am I also have this issue as do all other FSLabs users, please prioritise the fix urgently so that we can enjoy the amazing immersion this brings to all, especially those who fly in often wet locations!

Regards
Paul
Yes Please fix this asap.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

How are the windshield rain effects being applied on these aircraft? Are these using the Dynamic Rain Effects plugin developed by A2A?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
MachTwo

Post by MachTwo »

Hi Rob,

We're using a similar technique to the Mooney Bravo - a transparent overlay with a lua script attached with which we control the texture (cycling through textures to draw the animated rain).

I've not been able to reproduce this issue personally. I'm using a 1080Ti - so I wonder if the extra vRam has something to do with this. Could customers with cards that have less vRam be hitting a limit in the texture memory?
Andrew Wilson
Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.
www.flightsimlabs.com