[RESOLVED] View Group Managment - FSUIPC

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ph-mak

[RESOLVED] View Group Managment - FSUIPC

Post by ph-mak »

I am using Preapr3D4.5 and run it with 4 monitors, I now have placed 3 monitors in a "frontwindow" view group, and that works excellent. But when I have started the 2 engines , every 10 seconds the screens are black for 1 second. And 10 seconds later the problem repeats itself. Is there someone who have any suggestions what that can cause ?
Joop PH-MAK
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: View Group Managment

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you only seeing this when using view groups? Does using a single view or multiple views outside of a view group show this issue as well?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

hello Rob,
When I start without the created view group there is no problem. Running then the engines neither. When I start with the view group it's allright too. But when I start the engines this problem occur. And this also happens with any other airplane I use.
Joop
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

Extra info : For the use of my Saitek hardware I am using Spadnext software
Joop
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

Yes, this occurs only in a view group.
Joop
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

And only on the left and right screen. The centre screen remains visible
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

And I just got a message from another flightsimmer with the same experience. So I hope you will look into it
Joop
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

Additional information : It only occur after starting the engines. Might be the funktion F3 and F4 ( throttle ) has a conflict in a "View Group" ? Second : I have a Nvidia GTX 1060 and my main monitor is connected on the HDMI exit and the left and right screen on the available display exits. Can that be important ?
Joop
Jim Harnes

Post by Jim Harnes »

Hi,

You might want to check in order to rule out a duplicate key assignment which could be sending the command to shut off fuel, etc.

Also, my experience with view groups is that it is necessary to use View Group Management to check that the Display Configuration is correct (numbers correspond to the video card output) and the display ID is correct for each monitor.

Best,
Jim,
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

I did several tests . I changed the monitor cables to different exits of the graphic card , but the left and rightscreen still went every 10 seconds into black for 1 sec after starting the engines. Not the main screen. After shutting down the engines the problem is gone. This all happens in the virtual cockpit mode. When I change the view into the spot view the 3 screens remain visible , but in stead of the blackening of the left and right screen, now the angle in the spot view change 120 degrees every 10 seconds. So I guess, that there is something wrong in the "ViewGroup management" function.
Hope you have an answer for this.
regards
Joop
Jim Harnes

Post by Jim Harnes »

Presuming your view group is properly configured, I can only guess that some software is sending keystrokes which affect the view. Have you tried uninstalling the Spadnext software and testing the view group?
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

Yes, without Spadnext the same problems are still there. And also only with running engines ,
Joop
Jim Harnes

Post by Jim Harnes »

Then I would test with the default "Auto-Fill Desktop" and no other P3D-related software running. If that works, you'll know that the issue is with your custom view group or the software that you are not running. Activate the addon software until the problem appears or until all your addons are running and the view is correct. That should isolate the cause of the view issue.

If your views are correct with all your addons running with "Auto-Fill Desktop", the problem will point to the custom view group you created.

I'm now out of ideas. Hope you get it sorted.
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

Hi Jim, thanks for your input and assistance , but the effect is still the same. In "AutoFill Desktop" it also occurs.The left and right screen will turn into black every 10 seconds for 1 second and the screen are centered. It must be a something hard to find , so I give up al my attempts and go back to the old system of addon 2 extra undocked views on the left and right screen. But thanks for the help.
Joop
ph-mak

Post by ph-mak »

The attention was more to the 2 screens that went black , but in de spot view that didn't happen, there the view angle changes every 10 seconds 120 degrees ????? I hope the P3D team will look in to this problem. I guess they are related.
Joop