4.5 update no ATC/AI updates this time either :(

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
shermank

Re: 4.5 update no ATC/AI updates this time either :(

Post by shermank »

I tried to link with P3D several times, with no success...if someone has a way to do it, please share.

Sherm
pracines

Post by pracines »

I'm using RC4.3 in P3D 4.5 without any trouble at all. Just be sure to have the latest FSUIPC installed in P3D 4.5, as RC will not work without FSUIPC. Also, its best to rebuild the database with the latest version of MakeRunways.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO | i9 10850K |DDR4 3600MHZ G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO- 128GB | 1200W PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY | RTX 3090 |Samsung 970 evo plus 2TB NVME | 2nd M.2 Solid State 2TB | Seagate IRONWOLF PRO 8TB | DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240EX
funkyaz77

Post by funkyaz77 »

This thread posted below also might help and can be viewed on how to improve within the AI within the Sim

viewtopic.php?f=6317&t=133333

Thanks guys.

Blessings

Duncan Odgers
dave109

Post by dave109 »

I'd like to echo what others in this thread have said about the default ATC. The most important thing for me would be to simply fix the existing bugs:

1. Inaccurate vectoring to runway, i.e. the controller instructs the pilot to make frequent unnecessary heading changes before arriving at the final approach fix.
2. The controllers wait too late to provide altitude clearances, i.e. further altitude clearances aren't given until within 300 ft of the previous cleared altitude. When you're climbing at 2000 ft per minute this results in the aircraft pitching down before you're able to increase the altitude setting after getting clearance, and then a pitch back up when climbing resumes. If you set the altitude higher to avoid the pitch down, then if you don't receive ATC altitude instructions before arriving 300 ft above the previous cleared altitude then ATC will forever instruct you to descend to the previous cleared altitude.

Now for my wish list:
1. Ability to update the navigation database.
2. Ability for ATC to utilize SIDs and STARS.
3. Add pushback request to ground control.
4. Have ATC manage arrival traffic, e.g. by issuing speeds commands and holds, in order to avoid landing runway conflicts and frequent go-arounds.
5. Add transition altitudes to the built-in navigation database and make ATC utilize them.

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Dave
shermank

Post by shermank »

mikced wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 pm PF3 is an alternative like so many others but we are talking default here. Its the only option that works fully with AI. As for PF3 I have to say its one of the weaker offerings. Too scripted for my taste and what good is an ATC systems that only communicate with you and not the surrounding aircraft. That kind of defeats the fundamental purpose of ATC in the first place 😀
Hi mikced,

I regularly hear instructions to other pilots on P3D, so it does interact with other aircraft.

sherm
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

@Rob McCarthy

Don’t waste your time improving the the ATC and AI traffic. Buy the rights to VOXATC which does an excellent job of replacing the default features in P3d. VOXATC is a .NET add-on and adapting the code to P3d updates won't be too difficult.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jabloomf1230 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:56 pm @Rob McCarthy

Don’t waste your time improving the the ATC and AI traffic. Buy the rights to VOXATC which does an excellent job of replacing the default features in P3d. VOXATC is a .NET add-on and adapting the code to P3d updates won't be too difficult.
Is VOX ATC still in business?
I had to stop using it.
Product had many problems and support was very bad.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

The VOXATC 7.42 installer has been updated to recognize P3d5. Version 7.42 recognizes sloped airport features, 8.33 KHz com spacing, new P3d5 airports and new P3d5 ICAO codes. VOXATC replaces the P3d stock ATC and AI traffic control. VOXATC works with fsaerodata navigation database updates, SODE jetways and AIG AI traffic schedules and models.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I was following the VOXatc information here on AVSIM:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5728 ... nd-p3d-v5/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)