3 monitors, very low FPS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
uhrlto

3 monitors, very low FPS

Post by uhrlto »

Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm posting as problems have been few till now.
I'm seeing very low frame rates of 8 to 10 fps with three monitors hooked up in non spanning mode.

Comp Specs: intel I7 4.2 GHz, 8gb mem on the MB, g force 1060 with 6gb GPU mem, ssd drives for everything, newest release of P3D 4.5.

So as I said very low frame rates even if I turn all graphics down to the bare min, I only improve by 5 or 7 extra frames.

I even tried to accelerate my gpu but this did not help. Does anyone have some experience here with multi monitors?

Thanks

Tony
Chassin

Re: 3 monitors, very low FPS

Post by Chassin »

I find that using the Nvidia Experience FPS counter I can actually get rates as high as 840 with FSX, but only in the first lesson in the learning center.

Generally the FPS shown is higher. E.G.120/140 when flying Concorde.

Have you updated your video drivers recently with Nvidia Experience, or after upping to v4.5?

The Intel Driver & Support Assistant might be useful too.
enbel

Re: 3 monitors, very low FPS

Post by enbel »

Hi:

I also have that vga. In fact, I have the same configuration. I can not use the 6 gb ram, only 2 gb. I put a monkey or I put the 5 monitors.

Does anyone know what happens?