PBR and Antialiasing quality

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Samidx

PBR and Antialiasing quality

Post by Samidx »

With the new addition of PBR both on the Maddog MD-80 and the PMDG 747 the quality of Antialiasing on the models has drastically decreased.

R. Randazzo has commented on the PMDG forum that the issues lies with P3D and will be fixed with v4.5. I couldn't find anything regarding that on the Forum so I would like to ask for confirmation on that?

Kind regards Sami
Alexis_67

Re: PBR and Antialiasing quality

Post by Alexis_67 »

Hello,

I also have this problem. I've been trying to fix it for days. I formatted my PC, it did not solve my problem.

I posted on PMDG nobody helped me. There is a horrible aliasing on my PBR textures.

I've been looking for a solution for days. Some say that it comes from P3D, however, when I see people posted their screenshot 747, their PBR is perfect, without alisaing.

it tires me, I do not know what to do....

( Sorry for my bad english, i use google translate ) .
CPU: Intel i7-9700K | GPU: MSI GTX1070Ti | MoBo: MSI Z390 | OS: Win10 64bit 21H1 | RAM: Corsair 2X8GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD 256Go for W10 | SSD 1To for Flightsim | P3DV5.3
NickFlightX

Post by NickFlightX »

I can plus one this issue.

Noticed an immediate change in the Anti Aliasing on aircraft with PBR. I hope this is fixed soon!
blackbird7

Post by blackbird7 »

I also have anti-aliasing issues when using PBR. I had to disable them on Leonardo's Maddog X until the issue is resolved.
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Same here. Obviously, the only "workaround" so far is for nVIDIA users: use nVIDIA Profile Inspector, use "override any application setting" and "4x sparse grid supersampling". The drawback: this ruins performance in cloudy conditions.
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

Are you guys using the latest NVidia Drivers?

Also is any of you using PTA, TomatoShade or EVENShade by any chance? there have been several reports of shaders being replaced by 3rd party products which can cause a lot of problems with PBR, so if you use any of these add-on's try removing them temporally, clearing your shaders cache and re-test to see if this made a difference.

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
cardiacvice

Post by cardiacvice »

I have this issue as well. I thought updating to 4.5 would fix the issue but no luck. I am using the newest NVIDIA drivers and don't have any shader addons installed. The PMDG 747 looks terrible from the outside, but the updated FS Labs A320 looks fine. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing it?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

cardiacvice wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 pm I have this issue as well. I thought updating to 4.5 would fix the issue but no luck. I am using the newest NVIDIA drivers and don't have any shader addons installed. The PMDG 747 looks terrible from the outside, but the updated FS Labs A320 looks fine. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing it?
Do you have a screenshot of the PMDG?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
hjmx

Post by hjmx »

cardiacvice wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:41 pm I have this issue as well. I thought updating to 4.5 would fix the issue but no luck. I am using the newest NVIDIA drivers and don't have any shader addons installed. The PMDG 747 looks terrible from the outside, but the updated FS Labs A320 looks fine. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing it?
I can confirm this issue. Only cure is to apply SGSS via NVI.
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Yes, here is one. That is 4xSSAA what used to be great. Now its jaggy

P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Or here, another one. Again 4xSSAA and 4k Textures (not knowing for sure if 748 has 4k textures)

P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive
blackbird7

Post by blackbird7 »

I tried using P3D's default shaders to see if the antialiasing improved, but it did not unfortunately. I uninstalled ENVSHADE and deleted the shaders folder, but the bug is still present.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Senchay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:42 pm Yes, here is one. That is 4xSSAA what used to be great. Now its jaggy

Which developer is providing the National livery?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
IanHarr

Post by IanHarr »

Sorry I cannot for the life of me see what you are complaining about. Both planes look great.

Ian Harrison
itsjase

Post by itsjase »

IanHarr wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am Sorry I cannot for the life of me see what you are complaining about. Both planes look great.

Ian Harrison
Look at the lines on the stabiliser and wings in the 2nd image. They look very jagged as if there's no AA.