Sloped Runway and AI usage

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
funkyaz77

Sloped Runway and AI usage

Post by funkyaz77 »

Hi LM,

It was great to read the recent interview with Adam Breed in FSELITE last week. Adam mentioned about features and improving realism. One area would be a quick win and could be incorporated in a minor version bit like PBR and Overhauling Night Lighting, Adding New Buildings etc.. would be to add better support for Sloped Runways and AI being able to land on Sloped Runways. At present AI cannot make use of sloped runways and whilst there are some rare attempts at sloped runways in FSX/ESP I feel the Sloped Runway could not only look more realistic but also deal with the 10+ year problem that other simulator platforms have developed solutions for would be to allow AI to land and take off on sloped runways! This is the real crux allowing AI to use sloped runways. Please Please would Lockheed Martin and Team improve and integrate this solution so that Scenery developers could build realistic scenery and AI developers could take advantage of this realistic cool feature.

As an example ORBX have built two airports, one for P3D and one for Aerofly FS2 they are in the same product (airport). The Aerofly FS2 adds a sloped runway whereas the P3D one although has been updated for V4 has no mention (Or indeed has, as I own the P3D KMRY product) of sloped runway!

Aerofly version https://orbxdirect.com/product/kmry/afs2
Prepar3d version https://orbxdirect.com/product/kmry

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this for a future minor version update.

Kind regards

Duncan Odgers
funkyaz77

Re: Sloped Runway and AI usage

Post by funkyaz77 »

@adambreed
@robmcarthy

Any idea if you might consider this improvement.

Kind regards
Duncan Odgers
fairflyer

Post by fairflyer »

+1

Absolutely!!!! This would be supercool and it's one of those things that will greatly improve realism and challenge to players. Better support for sloped runways is my No1 wish for p3d.
Mace_RB

Post by Mace_RB »

I would be for adding this as well, or at least allowing in the SDK the capability for AI to use a sloped runway.
uksfpred

Post by uksfpred »

Absolutely!!!! This would be supercool and it's one of those things that will greatly improve realism and challenge to players. Better support for sloped runways is my No1 wish for p3d.
here here