70-80 % auto-generated scenery SLOW

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
jhaley101

70-80 % auto-generated scenery SLOW

Post by jhaley101 »

Updated client and content from 4.4 to 4.5

deleted shaders, p3d cfg.

When starting the sim, the percentage graph climbs from 0-69% without issue.

As soon as it hits 70% loading slows to a crawl. Several minutes go by as it climbs from 70-80%, then once it hits 80% it finishes loading without issue and I'm into the sim.

But why the slowdown between 70-80 % Never seen this problem before, googling it seems to show slight variations but nothing the same. Do I need to install the scenery component, delete or change something with the terrain cfg or something else?

I have no orbx products installed, a number of scenery and AI installed outside the sim as per LM's recommendations.
I have no anti-virus programs installed.
I had no issues with any past version of P3d.
Simbol

Re: 70-80 % auto-generated scenery SLOW

Post by Simbol »

Try deleting your prepard3d.cfg and your scenary.cfg, if this doesn't work and prepar3d.exe is running always in the background see this:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=133133

And use the solution indicated there by Kayla.
Hello all,

Could you try to add the following entry to your Prepar3D.cfg?

In the [STARTUP] section:

LoadVirtualReality = 0

If there is no [STARTUP] section, you can create one and just paste the following to the end of your config:

[STARTUP]
LoadVirtualReality = 0

Thanks,
Kayla

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

Thanks for the help.

Nothing running in the background. I backed up the scenery.cfg, deleted it. Restarted the sim.

Oddly, a warning I have never seen before. showing a scenery - Sharurah - in Scenery\Cities\Sharurah - that's not in the sim. I have no idea where this came from, I've never even heard of that before. First I decided not to unload it. But the sim is slowing to that standard crawl during loading 70 to 80 percent, and then is fine.

Going to unload it this time and try again. Doesn't make much sense.

I have not tried the startup suggestion just yet.

Also noticed when I checked the Lorby organizer that the FSAerodata entries are gone. I wonder if that software has something to do with it.

BTW, how is that revolutionary AI program of yours coming along................
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

No change adding the [StartUp] Section.

May need to do a complete reinstall. shouldn't take to long with all of the other scenery/AI installed outside the sim.

But it's odd.

What exactly is being loaded within the sim between 70-80 percent when it says "Loading auto-generated scenery"? And what could be conflicting between 4.4 and 4.5 in terms of this particular 10 percent.

Again, I can get into the sim no problems. But it takes a long long time for that 10 percent.

Thanks
JH
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

well, it's fixed, lightning quick reload.

But not sure what may have been the culprit

Upgraded Lorby to v1.40 b04
removed FSCaptain and all entries in config
deleting 4.4 scenery and adding 4.5 scenery
kianlark

Post by kianlark »

Hi,
I also had the exact issue you are describing. As you did, I thought I'd cut my losses and just reinstall before I had to much reinstalled into 4.5 after the update anyway. However, I was lured into believing it was resolved. For a few days it was quick then started to get slightly longer each time I did something. Now it's back to taking in excess of 10mins to load the auto-generated scenery. It's definitely not a first load thing related to a new scenery either as I have allowed it to run it's course multiple times.

I would be grateful for a fix as I don't want to just reinstall again as I have a feeling it'll just come back anyway. I will try adding the [StartUp] bit to the config and report back.

Thanks
kianlark

Post by kianlark »

So, to follow on from my previous post, I added the Startup parameter to the config after rebuilding it and I thought that it had solved it. 2-3 mins to load from the startup screen to FSLabs sat on the ground at UK2000 Gatwick. Took off as planned on my flight got to cruise and as I'm still trying to tweak my settings in 4.5 I decided I'd reduce the building setting from very dense to dense for my arrival and see how that is. So I did that and the autogen loading was incredibly slow.. It is so disappointing as I cannot enjoy the application. very tempted to reduce back to 4.4 as it is adding a massive negative to 4.5 for me...

I can tell you the times exactly as SmartCars records a sim pause when you change settings.
So:
16:55:19 Sim Paused
17:22:52 Sim Unpaused
That is no exaggeration you can see for yourself here: https://gyazo.com/0c8dd9c5827c86c94e4b0e1b486ed34a

It'd be great to see one of the Lockheed Team just acknowledge this just so I know it is something being looked at, as frankly although not as serious as a CTD it is practically unusable in this state.

I've already had to disable all of my ORBX regions to get any sort of usable FPS in 4.5 so this is just disappointing from an update I thought was going to bring some vast improvements in terms of scenery loading.

Thanks,
Kian
kianlark

Post by kianlark »

Again to further add some more detail, whilst it is going through the auto gen loading period at the slow rate my resources are no where near a point to be limiting. For example, my CPU usage is 30ish%, Memory 35ish%, Disk 0% but P3D using about .2 to .5 MB/s, GPU 0%. I’m really not sure what it’s doing and why so slowly. That’s with nothing else running apart from background processes.

Hopefully those details can help.

Thanks

Looks like I will have to try a reinstall again as it is completely unusable now......
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kianlark wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm Again to further add some more detail, whilst it is going through the auto gen loading period at the slow rate my resources are no where near a point to be limiting. For example, my CPU usage is 30ish%, Memory 35ish%, Disk 0% but P3D using about .2 to .5 MB/s, GPU 0%. I’m really not sure what it’s doing and why so slowly. That’s with nothing else running apart from background processes.

Hopefully those details can help.

Thanks

Looks like I will have to try a reinstall again as it is completely unusable now......
Like you said, it is going through the auto gen loading of your software/files.
Are you running a virus checker that would be checking all the files as they are being loaded?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
kianlark

Post by kianlark »

Hi Vaughan,
Thanks for the reply, no I am not using any antivirus for P3D I have even hard disabled defender to ensure it didn't interfere whilst I reinstalled everything.
If I regenerate the scenery.cfg it's fast but as soon as I start to add sceneries it slows right down again. I will try and diagnose by adding one by one however, when i did that last time it was not possible to find a single cause. It seemed to get worse as I add more sceneries,

Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kianlark wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 am Hi Vaughan,
Thanks for the reply, no I am not using any antivirus for P3D I have even hard disabled defender to ensure it didn't interfere whilst I reinstalled everything.
If I regenerate the scenery.cfg it's fast but as soon as I start to add sceneries it slows right down again. I will try and diagnose by adding one by one however, when i did that last time it was not possible to find a single cause. It seemed to get worse as I add more sceneries,

Thanks
On my setup with P3Dv4.5 / Orbx West coast regions, and a few airport, a few airports from FSDT and Flightbeam:
I double click the P3D icon on my desktop to start P3Dv4.5 and 55 seconds later I am in the P3D default (flight) F22 at KDTW on my setup.
Best Regards,
kianlark

Post by kianlark »

See mine always used to be about a minute in 4.5. I will do some further diagnosing tonight and see if I can find the cause.
Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

kianlark wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:03 am See mine always used to be about a minute in 4.5. I will do some further diagnosing tonight and see if I can find the cause.
Thanks
Have you added any aircraft (payware/freeware) or used any saved flights or updated any software ?

Do you reboot your PC after a flight or between any test?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I re-read your initial post.
You mentioned:
"I have no orbx products installed, a number of scenery and AI installed outside the sim as per LM's recommendations."

What AI ?
Best Regards,
kianlark

Post by kianlark »

I'm also noticing something else, not sure if it is related in any way maybe you will know Vaughan. I will be sat on stand at LGW for example in the FSLabs A320 and I will be getting 20fps in 4.5 however, my CPU is at about 50% and GPU around 35%, why is the FPS so poor but the resources being used so low?