saitek hardware

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
steffmak

saitek hardware

Post by steffmak »

Hi I have p3d v4.4, running windows 10 and saitek rudder pedals, yoke, radio panel and throttle quadrant. For whatever reason I loaded up a flight on sim along with pmdg 737-800 when I went to started taxing I was getting crazy response from my saitek throttle quadrant. After it had been working fine for weeks.

When I started to push the thrust lever on quadrant to taxi, basically nothing was happening, rudder pedals were pulling to left. I could not get anywhere with issue so I formatted drives and reinstalled, to which I am still having same issue.

I never went into p3d settings to configure my saitek hardware and I am now wondering is this what I have to do to get back up and running. I have searched google to try and find instructions for setting up in p3d v4 to no avail it all seems to be for fsx.

Any advice help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Stevie
cookedinlh

Re: saitek hardware

Post by cookedinlh »

I've had multiple ongoing issues with SAITEK calibration in conflict with P3D control menu calibration. the X-56 calibration seems to get lost and I have to redo it anytime I shut down the computer between running P3D v4.4

I think it is related but so far cannot get to the bottom of it. Have you tried REGEDIT uninstall method. Try https://support.logitech.com/en_us/arti ... s-Firmware"

Seem to me to be only PART of the solution
steffmak

Post by steffmak »

Hi thanks for reply do you configure saitek in p3d setting

Stevie
shermank

Post by shermank »

I do not claim to be an expert, but here is my experience fwiw.

I use the Saitek Yoke and triple throttle combo with CH Rudder pedals. The best advice I have learned is to disable all settings within P3D controls. Use FSUIPC V5 paid version and make your settings there. It is a bit tricky and there is a learning curve, but you can edit specific control settings for specific aircraft. One size does not necessarily fit all when it comes to aircraft settings.

I hope this helps...there is a very good FSUIPC forum at avsim. Pete, Dawson, the creator of the software is very responsive, though he does not suffer fools easily....:-)

Sherm
steffmak

Post by steffmak »

Thanks

Stevie
FCXEVV

Post by FCXEVV »

Hi,

I've not added my hardware to P3d as it is in FSX via FSUIPC paid version so this is a slight guess, once you've got your buttons and axis configured with p3d controls disabled, the next time you load p3d, check that the p3d controls are still disabled.
In FSX, it re-enables the joystick controls on it's own, I wonder if Shermank has seen this in p3d.

regards

Steve
shermank

Post by shermank »

FCXEVV wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:15 pm Hi,

I've not added my hardware to P3d as it is in FSX via FSUIPC paid version so this is a slight guess, once you've got your buttons and axis configured with p3d controls disabled, the next time you load p3d, check that the p3d controls are still disabled.
In FSX, it re-enables the joystick controls on it's own, I wonder if Shermank has seen this in p3d.

regards

Steve
Yes, Steve, I have seen this occur and forgot to mention it. It is random and when it occurs, rather annoying. AFAIK, the only remedy is to go into control and make sure all functions, EXCEPT KEYBOARD, are disabled by unchecking them.

Sherm
steffmak

Post by steffmak »

Hi thanks for all response I went into settings and done a recalibration of my controls, seemed to work its not perfect, but I was able to taxi aircraft to runway and takeoff. I still think I need to go into settings and fine tune rudder and throttle quadrant. I never had flight control issues in Fsx. Think I might go back, as it seems to me saitek or Lochhead ain't doin anything about it

Stevie