Keybord makes wrong action

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
DriverX

Keybord makes wrong action

Post by DriverX »

Dears,

i have following issue. Since a couple of days, my keyboard or lets say Prepar3d thinks i am pushing keys on the numpad, but i am pushing buttons like the arrows and Pos1, page up/down, end and so on, but Prepar3d thinks i am pushing keys on the numpad. Outside Prepar3d in Word for example, the keyboard does fully normal.

Is there any configuration in how Prepar3d is reading the keyboard.
I use the arrow buttons to move around. But once i push arrow up, Prepar3d thinks its Numpad (8) so it starts to pitch the machine down and its moving my view, so it does both actions. Pageup is like 9 pagedwon is like 3, pos1 is like 7 end is like 3 and so on.

Cheers
Pascal
ebolt

Re: Keybord makes wrong action

Post by ebolt »

Is your Num lock on or off? Do you have your keys correctly mapped in your simulator controls?
My Specs: i8-8700K, AMD z370 Pro4, GeForce GTX 1080, RAM 32GB, 1 TB Cruical P1, 1 TB SSD, Acer XF270H x2
DriverX

Post by DriverX »

The keys are 100% correctly mapped.

Numlock is on, but Numlock has nothing to do with the arrow keys nor the section of those 6 buttons above the arrows.

Bye

Pascal
Nona

Post by Nona »

DriverX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:09 pm Dears,

i have following issue. Since a couple of days, my keyboard or lets say Prepar3d thinks i am pushing keys on the numpad, but i am pushing buttons like the arrows and Pos1, page up/down, end and so on, but Prepar3d thinks i am pushing keys on the numpad. Outside Prepar3d in Word for example, the keyboard does fully normal.

I use the arrow buttons to move around. But once i push arrow up, Prepar3d thinks its Numpad (8) so it starts to pitch the machine down and its moving my view, so it does both actions. Pageup is like 9 pagedwon is like 3, pos1 is like 7 end is like 3 and so on.

Cheers
Pascal
try syncing them
that is all i can think about
Sorry if i am no help.
Regards.
hotbso

Post by hotbso »

DriverX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:09 pm Dears,

Cheers
Pascal
Since yesterday I have exactly the same problem. Did you resolve it?
- holger
DriverX

Post by DriverX »

No i wasnt able to solve it. I mapped different keys. Then a lot of work. Nobody was able to help here
part-time-punk

Post by part-time-punk »

Scroll Lock can affect the arrow keys.
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... abd5d256a2
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hello,

Are you seeing this issue both in Prepar3D and in the Controls UI? If you set a key assignment and press Up, what does it assign in the textbox? What does it assign if you press num 8?

-Brad
hotbso

Post by hotbso »

I noticed wrong behavior in the the sim and now in the Control UI the whole block left of the NumPad is decoded as Numpad, e.g. UpArrow is decoded as "8(NUMPAD)" and Pos1 is decoded as "7(NUMPAD)".

The numpad is decoded as n(NUMPAD).

I'm on 4.4 (can't go to 4.5 because Fslabs does not yet support HF1).
My keyboard is a Logitech K260, so old and nothing special.
hotbso

Post by hotbso »

Problem is gone with V4.5 HF1 !