Brakes still locked

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Gorlab

Brakes still locked

Post by Gorlab »

After my previous investigation about locked brakes I come to this, it is the brakes that are locked not theparkingbrake!
The "solution" I found pressing Y anf F1 then esc and choose default is working but just pressing Y two (2) times the the brakes unlock works as well, fine so far but what causes this?
Martyson

Re: Brakes still locked

Post by Martyson »

Gorlab wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 am After my previous investigation about locked brakes I come to this, it is the brakes that are locked not theparkingbrake!
The "solution" I found pressing Y anf F1 then esc and choose default is working but just pressing Y two (2) times the the brakes unlock works as well, fine so far but what causes this?
Use Windowed mode.
Press the "Y" key one time.
Look in the lower right corner of your display.
Do you see SLEW?

Do you use FSUIPC?

Do you know how to set up new Controller / Keyboard Assignments?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Gorlab

Post by Gorlab »

Yes I use windowed mode and yes as I describe I press Y and see slew and then I press Y again and at this moment the brakes unlock.
Yes I use FSUIPC and know how to use it and also how to set up assignments
My question remains, why are the brakes locked when I start the sim??
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Gorlab wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:55 am Yes I use windowed mode and yes as I describe I press Y and see slew and then I press Y again and at this moment the brakes unlock.
Yes I use FSUIPC and know how to use it and also how to set up assignments
My question remains, why are the brakes locked when I start the sim??
In P3d
Bring up your Options - Key Assignments
Do a screenshot of the first screen that comes up.
Best Regards,
Gorlab

Post by Gorlab »

Why? What do you want to see?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

It is my preferred starting point, before any possible changes, to further help you.
Best Regards,
Gorlab

Post by Gorlab »

OK and after that where do you want to go?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

It may be better to do the General Debugging Steps here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Gorlab

Post by Gorlab »

Hi, yes I have done all these steps and my "problem" still remains that is why I am here

rgds
gulfstreamtwo

Post by gulfstreamtwo »

I didn't see if you stated whether or not you have physical rudder pedals with associated toe brakes. If so, every one I've seen required the brake axis to be reversed. Otherwise, you think you have no brakes but they're in fact full on. Besides looking at the bindings in P3D/FSUIPC, you can easily test for this by applying full braking with the toe brakes and see if they're now released.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Some previous resolution steps posted here:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=132833
Best Regards,
Gorlab

Post by Gorlab »

Hi all, as earlier stated, I have saitek rudder and has tested reversed and non reversed even without pedals the brakes are on
I have uninstalled cleaned totally and reinstalled but the same happens, the brakes are on, only way so far I have found is to press Y 2 times then the brakes are off. Next time I start the sim they are on again. Well I can live with this and press Y etc but my question is why.
All happend after a flight and a landing and of course braking and so they were locked on.
Gorlab

Post by Gorlab »

Hi, this talk about reversing the pedals has nothing to about braking when pedals are pressed or not it only changes which side is braking, non reversed and you press the left pedal the right brake is applied and vice versa, but of course the natural thing is to have them reversed cause then they work as they should. Still my brakes are on when I start the sim...
MikeB54

Post by MikeB54 »

That's not what the Reverse function does. It has to do with how the signals from your brake pedals are interpreted. If the box is unchecked and your brakes are ON when the pedal is released and OFF when they are pressed then you have to put a check in the Reverse box to have them interpreted correctly. It has absolutely nothing to do with swapping the left brake and the right brake.

Mike
Gorlab

Post by Gorlab »

Mike! You are so wrong there , test it!

But now I rest my case

Problem solved!!