problem with PTA 2.63 and P3D V.4.4

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
shermank

problem with PTA 2.63 and P3D V.4.4

Post by shermank »

Greetings everyone,

I have used PTA with general success. But, somewhere along the line I evidently did or changed something so that now when I load a replacement shader file via PTA I receive a message that several aspects of the installation are in error. I have looked for answers elsewhere, including the PTA forum at avsim. The general advice is to uninstall and then reinstall the P3D client, which I presume rebuilds the shaders and the ShadersHLSL folder.
btw,

I have done that, even uninstalling and reinstalling the P3D scenery.msi on the premise that might be part of the problem.Still no success.

BTW, P3D runs as it should...but, I am not completely satisfied with the visuals, contrasts, brightness, etc that are governed by the shader files.
If any of you have a suggestion or answer, please respond. Thanks...

Sherm
ejoiner

Re: problem with PTA 2.63 and P3D V.4.4

Post by ejoiner »

I am assuming you backed up the original shaders with PTA? If so, I would restore the original shaders and flush the shader cache and see if that returns you to base level normal. Then start your tweaking again.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

This is something the developers of PTA should be dealing with, it is not a L-M issue.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
shermank

Post by shermank »

ejoiner wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:43 pm I am assuming you backed up the original shaders with PTA? If so, I would restore the original shaders and flush the shader cache and see if that returns you to base level normal. Then start your tweaking again.
thanks, I will try that....

Sherm
shermank

Post by shermank »

WarpD wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:18 pm This is something the developers of PTA should be dealing with, it is not a L-M issue.
Thanks for the heads up....I know it is not a P3D issue, but was simply looking for advice from anyone on the forums who might have had a similar issue.

Sherm