Delete Generated Files

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
emagawa

Delete Generated Files

Postby emagawa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Fellows,

I have deployed a "Nuclear Option" of Delete Generated Files after messing something up with my scenery.cfg file for my P3Dv4 sim. Unlucky enough, I have deleted the OldScenery.cfg, which was supposed to be the backup one. The sim have defaulted to original old days of the programmers way. However, I can still see my Odd-Ons like all my Planes and Custom Sceneries, but my sceneries does not appear on the new scenery.cfg file, all I can see are defaulted ones. I had lots of payware sceneries and FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX installed and everything were working flawlessly, until the mishap.

Now, the questions here are:

How can I get all of my payware (Odd-Ons) sceneries to show up on my scenery.cfg? How about the FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX? Is there a way I can recover or point my payware sceneries to show up on scenery.cfg file or do I need to install all of my payware scenery all over again?

The most important thing is to make sure everything work flawlessly as before.

I was even thinking of starting over, uninstall and install the whole sim from scratch and install all of my payware sceneries/Odd-Ons again. This is time consuming and tedious work but if I don't have any other option, then so be it. However, if there is any work around, I will appreciate your expertise here.

Thanking you in advance for your much needed help.

Ernest Magawa

emosby1198

Re: Delete Generated Files

Postby emosby1198 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Hey!
Even I faced the same problem a few days ago.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thankyou.

DMdoc

Postby DMdoc » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Get a copy of SceneryConfigEditor, and add any scenery on your hard disk. I'm using version 1.19.
BTW, keep a backup copy of your scenery.cfg file; I call mine "master.cfg". Then you can activate or deactivate specific sceneries in scenery.cfg as you wish. For example, I keep all my UK sceneries in one "group" in SCE -- and if I'm flying in the USA, I simply deactivate the UK group before firing up P3D.

shermank

Postby shermank » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Instead of SCE, if you want to follow the P3D xml scenery convention, you should get Lorby's Add on Organizer.

http://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

Scroll down and you will find it after a few of Lorby's other freeware offerings.

There is a learning curve to this, but once you get the hang of it, you can easily install add on scenery in the xml convention. ORBX products should be installed through the ORBX FTXC software. It is all fairly well cut and dried. Remember, any addons go above all FTX entries. LC programs from ORBX go below FTX entries as outlined in the FTX Software under settings.

I am not really a techie, except for what I have been able to pick up here and there. The Lorby Program has been a real helper.

Sherm

Return to “Other Support Questions”