Objects erratically disappear in 4.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
RobinCorn

Re: Objects erratically disappear in 4.4

Post by RobinCorn »

I've just seen a post on the Flightbeam forum, which seems to be the same issue with their new KPDX.
ggeccles

Post by ggeccles »

Robin, did you delete all the P3D V4 folders under C:/Users/username/AppData and let them rebuild once you updated P3D? If not, can you do it now and see if the issue is resolved.
Graham Eccleston - Orbx
RobinCorn

Post by RobinCorn »

Cheers, Graham.
I did in fact do a full uninstall/install, as I wanted to move P3Dv4 to a bigger drive. So I did follow the recommendations, and cleaned everything up before reinstalling. However I am beginning to think that it wouldn't hurt to go through the process again.
ggeccles

Post by ggeccles »

Some testing we're doing at Orbx would indicate the issue may be caused by those who do not delete their AppData files, possibly their Prepar3D.cfg file. Your experience here may make or break that theory.
Graham Eccleston - Orbx
RobinCorn

Post by RobinCorn »

Ok, I am not 100% sure I got everything out in the initial install, as I was mainly recalling the process from the previous update -- I had always just done Client updates until 4.2 -> 4.3, so with 4.3 I wanted to get things right. Normally once I've done something once, it sticks in my head...
I will check this out (when I get back from the beach) and report back. However it might take a while, as I said it is 'erratic', and I can go for days without it misbehaving.
RobinCorn

Post by RobinCorn »

Ok, after some checking, I am about 98% sure that I deleted the requisite %appdata% and %programdata% folders. In fact at one point I reinstalled the Client, and went through the same clean-up.
Just to check, I deleted the prepar3d.cfg, and after putting my settings back, it was worse:) A lot more objects disappearing.
However, since there's still that 2% niggly doubt, I will uninstall completely and redo the whole process tomorrow.
Adam_NZ

Post by Adam_NZ »

Hi Rob. There's been a bit of activity "behind the scenes" at ORBX but nothing conclusive as yet.

It was suggested that I delete the AppData folders (which I did) but it didn't make any difference. Same problem - exactly as before - and with the same/per session workaround.

Adam.
RobinCorn

Post by RobinCorn »

Adam, that confirms what I've found after doing a complete uninstall, clean-up and reinstall tonight. It made no difference.
I do hope that someone can figure out what is going on here.
Cruachan

Post by Cruachan »

Hi,

Been reading this thread with interest. I know you’ve tried deleting the %AppData% and %ProgramData% folders without seeing any positive results but, instead, have you tried deleting only the content of SceneryIndexes_x64 thereby forcing a rebuild at next run?

I make this suggestion because I occasionally encounter a problem whereby there is incomplete loading of ground textures at KVPS after I have enabled/disabled stuff in the Scenery Library. When I check the index list there may be a break in the sequence which I attribute to a Scenery add-on which is using the new add-ons.xml method. I hope I’m recalling this correctly as it’s some time since I thought about it. Anyway, forcing a rebuild of the Scenery Indexes corrects the terrain loading issue and also gets everything back in correct sequential order. This is one reason why this was introduced as an option in Lorby-SI’s P4AO when you exit the utility after saving a change.

This may turn out to be a complete red herring, but thought it was at least worth trying.

Regards,
Mike
Adam_NZ

Post by Adam_NZ »

Mike - thanks for the suggestion! I gave it a whirl, but no luck: same as before. :-((

I'd already reinstalled NZMF a few times in my tests - and that usually clears/rebuilds the scenery index.

It was worth a go though, thanks!

Adam.
BLB

Post by BLB »

i7-4790K@4,4GHz it is a little bit hight speed ins't it ???
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr
Mike209

Post by Mike209 »

BLB wrote:i7-4790K@4,4GHz it is a little bit hight speed ins't it ???
No, that's the normal turbo tact from the factory. He is not overclocked.
It has normal 4.0 GHz, but goes in turbo mode up to 4.4 GHz.
He has been doing his job for over 4 years without problems, the temperature in the P3D is on average max. 65 ° C
Happy landings, Michael
BLB

Post by BLB »

Fine ;)
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr
RobinCorn

Post by RobinCorn »

I've held off with this waiting on the 4.5 update, but there is no change. I was excited when I saw "Fixed loading issue that could sometimes prevent various buildings from loading." in the list of fixes, but it didn't fix this.

I've just had another report of this issue following a user's full install of 4.5. I'm not sure if you used 4.4, but I suspect not, as this is the first time he's seen the issue.

I'm not sure if LM are at all aware of this, if not then I'd be more than happy to help with whatever info they need.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I've just had another report of this issue following a user's full install of 4.5. I'm not sure if you used 4.4, but I suspect not, as this is the first time he's seen the issue."

What was the report all about?
Why is the report going to you?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)