Ati Eyefinity

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
adamjedgar

Post by adamjedgar »

I am closing this thread. These forums are not for discussions like this. They are for Prepar3D technical questions only. If non-technical non-Prepar3D discussions like this continue, we will be more aggressive in closing and deleting threads.
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Quote:
Quote from adamjedgar on May 30, 2012, 23:56

btw...what is that stupid box that keeps coming up over words highlighted in blue all about??? can we get rid of that off this forum its driving me nuts :x

I believe the "stupid blue box" is NOT generated by the forum, but instead by a "stupid" addinn that you seem to have picked up in your browser, ( I don;t see such boxes when I browse this P3D forum)

You can confirm this by going to any other website, and I suspect you will see similar "stupid blue boxes" there.

I had what sounds similar a few months ago, and it was a rogue addin to the browser.

(Can't remember what, but it was easy enough to spot and remove)

Canuck

Post by Canuck »

That box is crossrider.com. I have it too and cannot get rid of it either. A google search reveals various advices none of which have worked for me. Oh Eyefinity? Nor great I have it and rarely do I hook up the 3 monitors. I do when the wife says 'Were those monitors a waste of money?" "No dear, I use them"
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Wow!, in the short time since the above posting, I decided to do something about the boxes. Seached my HD''s for instances of "crossrider" and found they only occured in directorys relating to Mozilla/Firefox. As I use that browser only rarely, I deleted Mozilla through the Control Panel. I am pleased to report that the annoying pop-ups are now gone. Maybe that this works for you too Adam.

P'raps given my avatar, I should say I EXTERMINATED Firefox.

Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Dammit, it's back. My IE settings are on default or medium. Intrusive darned thing it is.
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

You can easily uninstall any Crossrider App by following these steps for each web browser or operating system:

...for what it is worth...

Firefox: Follow Mozilla's easy 5 steps removing Firefox addons instructions:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_ ... and_themes

Chrome: Follow Chrome's 4 steps extension uninstalling process:

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bi ... wer=113907

Windows / Internet Explorer: Follow Microsoft’s Support to uninstall from the Windows Add / Remove programs panel: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307895

|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Yes but what about programs that are not listed in Add or Remove Programs. Crossrider is one of these. Even within the IE\tools\options\security settings, you can remove it but it always comes back.

I aqm beginning to think I may need to remove IE9 totally and reinstall from scratch to delouse the system of this infestation.
adamjedgar

Post by adamjedgar »

Quote:
Quote from Canuck on May 31, 2012, 02:45

That box is crossrider.com. I have it too and cannot get rid of it either. A google search reveals various advices none of which have worked for me. Oh Eyefinity? Nor great I have it and rarely do I hook up the 3 monitors. I do when the wife says 'Were those monitors a waste of money?" "No dear, I use them"

ahahahah....true to the cause you are my friend. i absolutely loved your response to her question...a man true to the gender!!! ;)

i had a very similar "man on the defense moment" with my wife over my having spent a lot of money building an AMD FX6100 system for prepar3d that was a complete failure. when i told her i needed to build a new machine after only 1 month i got the "well that was a F...'ng waste of money"(my wife swears a lot when shes angry) to which i triumphantly replied in a rare defining moment of sudden and desperate enlightenment...nah its Aidens (our son) birthday in a couple of weeks and he wants his own computer...ill give it to him as a present. Got me off the hook...and i now have a new intel system running prepar3d. phew!!! :(

Having said that, i got into hot water again this morning...my wife now wants HER own computer. Aparently she's feeling a little unnapreciated by everyone else in the house having their own computer, but not her :o (we men are all doomed i tell you hehehehe :D )
WBard

Post by WBard »

I am closing this thread. These forums are not for discussions like this. They are for Prepar3D technical questions only. If non-technical non-Prepar3D discussions like this continue, we will be more aggressive in closing and deleting threads.