Helicopter Autopilot issues

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Davio

Helicopter Autopilot issues

Post by Davio »

Hi all,

I'm currently using the Cerasim UH-60 with HTR v1.5. I can use most of the features except the altitude hold during level flight. The aircraft experiences torque oscillations that range from 30%-130%. Is there any variable in the autopilot configuration that can be adjusted to eliminate or reduce the oscillations? I've also experienced this with the Cerasim B-222 with HTR v1.5 as well.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Helicopter Autopilot issues

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you seeing this using v4.4?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

I can confirm the oscillations using the Autopilot in a helicopters in V4.4. I use the AP in the Milvis B407 and get the oscillations much the same as when used in V4.3.

Danny
Davio

Post by Davio »

Rob,

I have the issue with both v4.4 and v4.3. I've also disabled HTR and experience the same results.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

This could be due to specifics in the flight model for these helicopters. You may want to reach out to these developers and see if they can replicate the issue.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

I fly several different brands of helicopters (Milviz, Cerasim, Alabeo, etc.) and they all have the oscillation issue when the AP is engaged. The oscillation can be minimized by increasing the yaw_damper_gain value in the aircraft.cfg autopilot section to around 150.

Danny
petergulch

Post by petergulch »

Is there a newer version of the helicopter autopilot now that P3DV4.4 has been released? The one I currently have running is the one released for P3DV4.2 (the first one I assume).