P3D suddenly shuts down

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
charlesallsop

P3D suddenly shuts down

Post by charlesallsop »

Good day, i have a problem that I really don't know why it happens as it was 100% last time I used it. Last change to P3D was installation of NMG scenery for airports FALA,FALE, FAWB.
I launched the programme and all opens up fine. Select aircraft and airport and it loads fine. About 30-60 seconds to from then it just simply disappears. Not running in the background either.
System is
i5 3.1 Ghz
Win 7 Ultimate
P3D V4.3
AMD R7-200 graphics
FSX Vector and Base
Checked drivers on card up to date.
Kind regards
Charles
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D suddenly shuts down

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello charlesallsop,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
charlesallsop

Post by charlesallsop »

hi Brady, all updates were done, not sure about this "
5) Remove your generated files.

Delete the files in these locations, Copy the TEX (Probably means TEXT) below and paste them into the windows search bar
Delete the following generated folders/files. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
If it disables add-ons will it re-enable when run next?
P3D once would load to splash screen only then disappear ; I did remove the generated folders/files and it solved the problem but not sure in this case.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello charlesallsop,

You'll have to install/reintroduce each add-on as guided in step 6. They will not re-enable automatically. It's best to do this one at a time until you identify which one caused the issue.

Also, good catch on that typo. We fixed it up, thanks!

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
charlesallsop

Post by charlesallsop »

Hi Brady, thanks for prompt reply, I tied again last night and after leaving it a while after loading a flight it was ok although runways had no white lines, buildings were just black blocks and parts of instrument panel blacked out.These slowly returned to normal during flight which lasted about 45 minutes.|tried again this morning but back to load a flight, blacked out scenery and aircraft and then just shuts down with no warning or error message.I uninstalled the last scenery, and then tried P3D.cfg and scenery.cfg rebuild. Now P3D loads much faster but the problem remains. Hope this helps?
Update:Just loaded a flight, perfect plane image and scenery, then poof!! Gone!!
charlesallsop

Post by charlesallsop »

hi Brady, I consulted a local scenery developer here in South Africa who suggested"delete the c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64\ contents and let P3D rebuild them. This I did and it went on to do this and first flight perfect; different aircraft, locations both default and add-on.Lasted about an hour and the gone!
Chris0875

Post by Chris0875 »

Hello,

While I was playing my flight simulator today, suddenly the P3dv4 flight sim shuts down without any warning. Everything in background app was running but simulator shuts down. Do you know why I am facing this issues today? I only download scenery of destination that i am flying into. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you so much

Chris pinto